kayumanggi

Weekend numbers pg 12: Ouija 20.0M

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  48 seconds ago
Disney's BIG HERO 6 debuted in Russia and Ukraine w/ $5M over 2 days (+63% higher than WRECK-IT RALPH).

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

I don't know why everyone has issues with baumer wanting to see Ouija... I mean, it's really stupid we always have these arguments over what to spend money on first. Baumer's seeing both Ouija and John Wick anyway. And it's not like he's the only one who likes to support producers or directors. I've seen every DWA movie in theaters since Madagascar 2, even though quite a few of them weren't good at all. Lay off on baumer.

I agree, I mean I payed to go see Dracula Untold and Alexander (despite knowing they'd probably be terrible movies). It's not like Baumer's saying he's anticipating Ouija to be the best movie of all time or anything like that, he's just going to see it.

I mean, there's certain directors I will support despite critical reactions and even if I know they made a flop because I overall like them. For example I like Jeff Bridges, so I went to see RIPD and The Giver in theaters despite knowing they'd both probably be bad movies (I was pleasantly surprised with the Giver).

I also despise the Hobbit movies but I'm still going to see TBoFA in theaters because I want to support the fantasy genre.

• Like 5

Wow, great for Lucy in china! With a debut like that, it could end up with 50-60M+ there, and around 470WW! Who would have ever anticipated that?!?!

Book of Life, so close to 10M! I hope actuals push it over, for my sake ;)

John Wick... despite strongly disliking the trailers, I have developed a curiosity as a result of good WOM. It, like Alexander, are movies that I'm curious to see, but am not sure if they are worth it in the theatre, so to anyone who has seen it; is it worth the big-screen treatment? Or will it be just as good on my tv at home?

Box Office-wise, 14M isn't bad for Wick. It was almost unknown a few months ago, and I am curious as to what it's draw was, Keanu, the action, the (bad IMO) trailer, or the good WOM?

Edited by DAJK

Even if Wick doesn't make the dollars it deserves at the domestic box office, I anticipate a strong cult following and home video sales, as well as decent international numbers.

The budget has got to be much, much lower than 47 Ronin so it should be an easy profit.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

I find amusing that Lucy went on being such a success while the star in it who is supposed to be a draw didn t promote the film at all.

Scarlett was a no show at premieres, interviews, magazine covers and talk shows, Besson did all the heavy lifting regarding the promotion of the film.

Strange paradox.