grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Weekends like this disappoint me. Sure, the Interstellar and Big Hero 6 are having respectable debuts, but nowadays it's rare for something to break out that isn't a comic-book based superhero movie (sure sure BH6 is marvel, but I'm talking live action MCU or X-Men movies etc.) don't get me wrong I love comic book movies, but this box office is frustrating.

LOL most awesome for who? We had some awesome weekends during summer. Guardians opening weekend was ridiculous. Lots of fun. Mockingjay and the final Hobbit still have to open.  I know.  We all want our favs to do well at the box office. Don't let it get you down.

All of my favorites of the couple of years have disappointed. 

Smart move, WB, taking the international rights.

Interstellar will probably lose money for Paramount domestically.

If they halved the budget... $82.5m plus marketing on this size of movie.

Paramount got the rights to Friday the 13th and South Park. So Paramount can't be to upset. 

@TheShawnRobbins: #Interstellar Friday box office includes $4.6m from IMAX (27% share); $1.9m from other large format screens (11%) ... "B+" CinemaScore

@TheShawnRobbins: #Interstellar audience skewed considerably adult... only 25% aged 25 and under. 52% male/48% female

• Like 1