grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Disney showing how to estimate and calculate box office numbers.

Yeah, honestly if not conservatively, because even when they beat their own projections their stock price can take a good-sized hit like it did last week, when their quarterly projection was not exceeded by as much as usual. :blink: Disney seems to thrive these days on under-promising (as strange as this may seem given how self-promotional they've always been) and then exceeding expectations. With box office estimates it's not as extreme, so they try to be right on the mark or slightly below if anything--in the long run, that's smart, and thinking long-term is one thing that differentiates current Disney from the Disney of a decade ago.

• Like 1

Big Hero 6 will easily be number 1 next weekend. Dumb and Dumber To just won't click enough with today's audiences to get much past $30m. It should beat Interstellar though. As far as I see ATM:

1. Big Hero 6 - $37m

2. Dumb and Dumber To - $29m

3. Interstellar - $25m

That the trailers for Dumb And Dumber To are getting a negative reaction won't help it much. BH6 WIll win again, but I see it a toss up between Dumb and Dumber To and Interstellar. The trailers for D and D To make it look very unfunny.

I saw interstellar last night, the theater was less then a quarter full. and wtf is wrong with critics? this was one of the most subversive brilliant and incredible films I have ever seen! and I'm not even a Nolanite... I wasn't anyway.

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 2