grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Easily. Probably more... split between two studios, though.

Don't forget Legendary...

"The arrangement still is being finalized, but sources say Legendary will finance 25 percent or more of the big-budget project, which began shooting Aug. 6 in Alberta, Canada."

Edited by bapi
  • Like 1

I don't actually believe all these $5mil, $6mil budgets that they say all this recent horror films have. I could be wrong but i don't believe it. Most of them make very decent grosses so why would they only give these films such low budgets?, especially for the sequels.

It's possible, those horror movies don't have big talents to pay, only have minimal effects and shooting probably takes a lot shorter so the  budget is more controlled

I don't actually believe all these $5mil, $6mil budgets that they say all this recent horror films have. I could be wrong but i don't believe it. Most of them make very decent grosses so why would they only give these films such low budgets?, especially for the sequels.

Probably to maximize how much money they get.  If they spend 6m instead of 20, they'll be able to pocket that 14m difference.

I asked this very question to Platinum Dunes guy Brad Fuller.  His response was that horror films are hit and miss in NA but they are basically non existent internationally.  Also, the DVD market has dried up and the genre hit harder than most is horror.  It literally changed over night so the profits have to come from keeping the budgets low.

• Like 5