grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

If you are rooting for a film and it has a good RT score, RT works.

If you are rooting for a film and it has a bad or a not so good score, RT is a shit.

LOL

No, but when generally everyone but critics say a movie is good, I think it's safe to assume RT is maybe a bit wrong? If people hated the movie, I would agree that RT was fair as long as general audience hated it, but Interstellar seems to be loved among GA and disliked by critics. Not really wrong, but a bit off.

No, but when generally everyone but critics say a movie is good, I think it's safe to assume RT is maybe a bit wrong? If people hated the movie, I would agree that RT was fair as long as general audience hated it, but Interstellar seems to be loved among GA and disliked by critics. Not really wrong, but a bit off.

what do you mean disliked by critics, isn't it fresh on RT?

what do you mean disliked by critics, isn't it fresh on RT?

Yeah, I just went over it quickly(I started with hated then realized that it was fresh and for some reason wrote disliked). My point is that RT rating doesn't match the GA rating. Guess which one counts more?

Interstellar is certainly a good movie, it's not into doubts. But apparently BH6 is loved by both critics and GA, that makes a difference.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just went over it quickly(I started with hated then realized that it was fresh and for some reason wrote disliked).

I can easily see how you were confused, since anybody not bowing down and worshipping at the altar of Nolan is obviously a hater.

• Like 3

Interstellar is certainly a good movie, it's not into doubts. But apparently BH6 is loved by both critics and GA, that makes a difference.

Has nothing to do with what I just said, but sure...

Big 6 average rating is too low for a 91%.

well i guess BH6 might fall again below 90% (as for example frozen did in the end) but still, the relation between average and the % score also gives some kind of information... basically it is a likable movie where few can find enough problems to merit a rotten rating, but not many critics are actually blown away. So i am not sure if you really can just say its avg is too low for a 91%... anyways ill be really happy if BH6 makes WiR numbers with a little extra :) (so 55M would be neat)

• Like 1

If interstellar can do 550m worldwide, that is great ... it's purely based off Nolan's name.

The trailer probably does it no justice ... Matthew in a pick up truck, a shot of a big planet wave, Matthew in a spaceship ...

Compare that with Inception trailer ... Action packed, city folding in on itself, Leo caprio in the lead.

Sometimes you have to look at this movie as though you weren't on a movie forum and didn't know nolan, would you see this movie based on the trailer otherwise ? I sure wouldn't.

That trailer is as void and barren as the movie Oblivion ... only for true sci-fi fans, not for the popcorn crowd.

In my opinion.

:rofl:

Ok, man. Sure.