CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

You're right. Nikki's being vague right now but here's what I can surmise- 1. MI4: 11.5m (+86%) 2. SH2: 8.2m (+104%)3. War Horse: 7.5m4. Dragon Tattoo: 6m?5. We Bought a Zoo (either this jumped a lot or Alvin/Tintin were sluggish today, probably the latter) 6. Alvin7. Tintin -- The Darkest Hour: 2.5m This would be a relatively strong Christmas Day and a good sign for the week to come.

You're right. Nikki's being vague right now but here's what I can surmise-1. MI4: 11.5m (+86%)2. SH2: 8.2m (+104%)3. War Horse: 7.5m4. Dragon Tattoo: 6m?5. We Bought a Zoo (either this jumped a lot or Alvin/Tintin were sluggish today, probably the latter) 6. Alvin7. Tintin-- The Darkest Hour: 2.5mThis would be a relatively strong Christmas Day and a good sign for the week to come.

It's really funny that she doesn't mention TGWTDT specifically at all. All we can be absolutely sure of from what she wrote is that it did better than WBaZ, but less than $7.5M. I'd guess, however, that there's little chance it got as high as $6M -- that would be above even the projected increase which already seemed quite high. Reading into things a bit further, always a risky move, I'd say that she probably doesn't mention TGWTDT because she hasn't heard from her sources about it. And if had really had an increase of nearly 140%, a better increase than either SH2 or MI4, I'd bet somebody would be crowing about it to her.

Oh, dear, why did I honor this distrasteful movie with a tasteful comment? I should think up something really nasty.

Your comment was nasty and frankly, disgusting. And it has nothing to do with the film. Normally I agree with you on almost everything but just because you don't agree with a film's perspective or director's politics doesn't give you the right to make crass jokes about a city being bombed.

That's a good number for WH. Also, Dragon Tattoo is not off to a good start (tintin even worse and may be doa) but should have a nice bounce back (or hold) next weekend (though it is new years) as it's not a Christmas weekend movie at all. Also, fishnets, you have no idea what you're talking about if you think TSN wasn't liked by the general public who've seen it, so you should just give it a rest.

Edited by FTF

Your comment was nasty and frankly, disgusting. And it has nothing to do with the film. Normally I agree with you on almost everything but just because you don't agree with a film's perspective or director's politics doesn't give you the right to make crass jokes about a city being bombed.

Her taking sides is disgusting and I`m 100% happy that her shitfest won`t be seen. The woman`s head has grown way too big. She now think she`s Simon Wiesenthal or something.FTF, I`ll give it rest but first thing first. Only in Fincher fanboy paralel universe, TSN snub is as mourned an masse as TDK`s. The movie may have been liked but not nearly that liked. Not nearly liked for people to care to see DT because it`s the same director. Edited by fishnets

I :wub: this forum's ignore function.

I blame Tattoo's demise on Sony releasing this three hour R-rated thriller over Christmas. In October this would have opened to low twenties, or something around TSN, which wouldn't be great but just better. But the end of December is ruled by families, and families with kids over 18 would opt to see MI4 or SH2. There's not a historical precedent for this genre doing well over the holidays.

• Like 1

I blame Tattoo's demise on Sony releasing this three hour R-rated thriller over Christmas. In October this would have opened to low twenties, or something around TSN, which wouldn't be great but just better. But the end of December is ruled by families, and families with kids over 18 would opt to see MI4 or SH2. There's not a historical precedent for this genre doing well over the holidays.

Blame should be squarely put on the marketing hyping this as the most anticipated movie of the year. In all fairness, it`s doing exactly how a movie like this would do. Except that hype made a normal run look like a gigantic fiasco. And they bought into the hype hence Xmas release and the arrogant "The feel bad movie of the holiday season" slogan. I mean, if you go onto Nikki site,you`ll see the poll "How much DT will gross for the weekend" and the lowest option is $30 mio. That should have been the highest end of expectations spectrum for such a depressing movie with limited appeal, not the lowest.Oh, and the budget was ridiculous. $40 mio should have been tops for this. Edited by fishnets

Blame should be squarely put on the marketing hyping this as the most anticipated movie of the year. In all fairness, it`s doing exactly how a movie like this would do. Except that hype made a normal run look like a gigantic fiasco. And they bought into the hype hence Xmas release and the arrogant "The feel bad movie of the holiday season" slogan. I mean, if you go onto Nikki site,you`ll see the poll "How much DT will gross for the weekend" and the lowest option is $30 mio. That should have been the highest end of expectations spectrum for such a depressing movie with limited appeal, not the lowest.Oh, and the budget was ridiculous. $40 mio should have been tops for this.

We get it, you don't like DT. Move on.

Yeah, no kidding. I knew people who died in the Oklahoma City bomb years ago, and those comments were in extremely poor taste. Making jokes out of a bombing is downright disrespectful. Show some more class than that please. :angry: Edited by FilmBuff

Box Office has 4 day weekend estimates up.Change from 3 day: (say this because don't know the split between Sun/Mon)MI4 +20mSH2 +14mA3 +7mDT +6.4mTintin +7mWBAZ +8mWar Horse +15mDarkest Hour +5.5mNYE +1.9mMuppets +1.3mHugo +1.3mArthur -0.1m :(BD2 +0.6m (though 4 day is now equal to BOM's 3 day)