CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

Fincher doesn`t have mass appeal unless Pitt is in his movie.

It's impossible to quantify but I definitely thought Fincher's name being attached to a very popular property would yield more than 13m. Being someone who'd happily see the movie for his involvement alone I guess I just thought there'd be more people like me. That's the side effect of following box office - you realise there aren't many people like you.

Cause it's a decent film with good WoM, just not the material for Christmas.

If WOM is so good, why so many people say I have hard time to recommed it because it`s 3 hours long and depressing? They don`t say it`s a bad movie just that it isn`t recommendable.

The only condolence I can think of is that Christmas Eve may have just legitimately deflated the weekend to abnormal levels, even in comparisons to other Christmas Eves.But still...in what universe have we entered into when a Speilberg-directed Jackson-produced action-adventure can't open over $10M?

S-J directed-produced TLB also bombed. Jackson is only Tolkien-related draw.

Well a supernatural drama where the main character is murdered in the first act was never going to sell ($93M to a $65M budget isn't nothing to sneeze at). Of course the most messed-up aspect of this season is that Tintin might not even make MORE than Lovely Bones...

What, that general public doesn`t care for TSN? LOL. They don`t.

What world do you live in and where are you getting this information? They might not like it as much as the critics, but most people still like it. It was probably the most popular movie on my University campus last year. Not to mention imdb scores, Cinemascore, Flixter scores, etc.And to say that those who didn't like it will not see DT because Fincher directed it is an asinine claim. Most people who didn't like TSN probably don't know who Fincher is or that he directed DT.

Well a supernatural drama where the main character is murdered in the first act was never going to sell ($93M to a $65M budget isn't nothing to sneeze at).

The book was a giagntic best-seller and the budget was $100 mio. Paramount lowered official number to $65 mio when it was obvious that the movie was a no-go. But industry people claim it was $100 mio and even the studio confirmed that before retracting it when shit hit the fan (critical panning and limited run disaster). So it isn`t like TLB was poor underdog. Quite the contrary, it had some things going for it (such as built-in fandom).

What world do you live in and where are you getting this information? They might not like it as much as the critics, but most people still like it. It was probably the most popular movie on my University campus last year. Not to mention imdb scores, Cinemascore, Flixter scores, etc.And to say that those who didn't like it will not see DT because Fincher directed it is an asinine claim. Most people who didn't like TSN probably don't know who Fincher is or that he directed DT.

Dude, one of the biggest reasons why DT was expected to explode was because of Fincher support. Poor David, robbed of the Oscar, but general public will fix that when they rally behind GWTDT and AMPAS will have no choice but to award him cause he is due.Right?And, for the record, I know more people who like TKS. Personally, couldn`t care for either movie.Personally, I hope DH underperforms so much to kibosh the sequels so Fincher uses his talents for something worhtwile. Like Cleopatra. Edited by fishnets