CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

People didn't like The Social Network? LOL, now I've heard it all.

With bthe exception of odd Internet geek and Jeff Wells, you won`t find many tears over TSN Oscar fiasco. Certianly not enopugh to mobilize them in support of frame-by-frame remake of the Swedish movie that was hyped as the ultimate DT movie just a year ago. Remember Noomi Rapace?

Poor David, robbed of the Oscar, but general public will fix that when they rally behind GWTDT and AMPAS will have no choice but to award him cause he is due.Right?

Somebody please get me some of whatever this guy is smoking. DT was never an Oscar player and was never intended to be.And as for you knowing more people who liked KS, I know more people that liked Shawshank, but that doesn't mean that the other movie wasn't enjoyed by the general public. You are pulling the claim that TSN wasn't enjoyed by the general public out of your ass. I shouldn't be surprised as it is something you do quite often.

Never intended to be? Now I've heard it all.

What? It wasn't. Scott Rudin has been saying since September that Moneyball and Extremely Loud were his go-to movies for Oscars. DT is a commercial thing, with possibilities of Actress and technical awards. Anyone that was expecting anything else was out of the loop. Listen to an Oscar podcast once in a while.

Somebody please get me some of whatever this guy is smoking. DT was never an Oscar player and was never intended to be.

It`s you who`s someking something. Swedish movie swept Swdish awards and Rapace was campaigned for the Oscar by US distibutor last year and surprise, surprise, studio capmaigns Fincher`s DT too. Oh, BTW, why else do you think it was released during Xmas where it really doesn`t belong? That`s right, awards season. So do your homework first.And Scott Rudin`s statement doesn`t mean shit since there is campaign. Edited by fishnets

It`s you who`s someking something. Swedish movie swept Swdish awards and Rapace was campaigned for the Oscar by US distibutor last year and surprise, surprise, studio capmaigns Fincher`s DT too. Oh, BTW, why else do you think it was released during Xmas where it really doesn`t belong? That`s right, awards season. So do your homework first.

Bahahahahah. Swept Swedish awards.

"Speaking of animals, Steven Spielberg’s Oscar-buzzed War Horse from DreamWorks/Disney opens Sunday in 2,376 theaters and is projected to make $4.5M on Sunday and $8M Monday. Its 2-hour, 26-minute running time means less screenings. Question is whether this is family or adult fare."

That would be solid if you ask me.

Edited by CJohn

Who cares about the Swedish Awards?The Awards people really only care about are Critic's Choice, SAG's, Golden Globes, and Oscars. I might throw in the Bafta's as well, but that's it.

That is the point I was making. Fishnets got it, I think. Or were you agreeing with me? Anyway, enough of this pointless arguing. I am going to wait until next weekend before making too many conclusions about DT's run. I don't have high hopes that it will now become a smash hit, but I think it is too early to write it off as an absolute failure. Edited by tarantino666

Since Sunday's are basically guesses, these could still swing dramatically.130% increase for Dragon Tattoo? 20% drop for Muppets? Plus, no dailies for Twilight. Lots of possible changes ahead I think.

Yeah, I don't know where they're pulling that Dragon Tattoo increase from. Among wide releases, only Dick and Jane and The Ringer had increases over 100% in 2005 and they both had worse Christmas Eve drops (significantly worse in the case of The Ringer). The Muppet's decrease is slightly easier to explain, since it is losing some more theaters and they could be using Chicken Little as a model. I still doubt it actually drops that much if at all, though.

With bthe exception of odd Internet geek and Jeff Wells, you won`t find many tears over TSN Oscar fiasco. Certianly not enopugh to mobilize them in support of frame-by-frame remake of the Swedish movie that was hyped as the ultimate DT movie just a year ago. Remember Noomi Rapace?

Troll much?