CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

I don't think War Horse will break out but hopefully I'll be proven wrongThe Thanksgiving trio of The Muppets, Arthur Christmas and Hugo are hanging on. Man, I wish Hugo didn't have that high production cost :(

I knew this weekend would be slow, given that Christmas Eve was on a Saturday. It turn out to be slightly slower than I predicted. It should pick up somewhat next weekend, even with no openers. I was curious how I did in predicting this weekend, So here is how did compared to sudio estimates for the top 10 movies . So here:

Rank - Name ......... ( Prediction / Estimate ) .......... Score

1 - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol .......... ( 27.5 / 26.5 ) .......... Score: 96.23%

2 - Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows .......... ( 16.1 / 17.8 ) .......... Score: 90.45%

3 - Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked .......... ( 12.2 / 13.3 ) .......... Score: 91.73%

4 - The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo .......... ( 19.1 / 13.0 ) .......... Score: 53.08%

5 - The Adventures Of Tintin .......... ( 10.9 / 9.1 ) .......... Score: 80.22%

6 - We Bought A Zoo .......... ( 9.1 / 7.8 ) .......... Score: 83.33%

7 - New Year's Eve .......... ( 4.3 / 3.0 ) .......... Score: 56.67%

8 - Arthur Christmas .......... ( 2.9 / 2.7 ) .......... Score: 92.59%

9 - Hugo .......... ( 2.3 / 2.0 ) .......... Score: 85%

10 - The Muppets .......... ( 2.1 / 2.0 ) .......... Score: 95%

Estimated Overall Accuracy: 82.43

Calculate Your Score Here

Edited by The Turk

I don't think War Horse will break out but hopefully I'll be proven wrongThe Thanksgiving trio of The Muppets, Arthur Christmas and Hugo are hanging on. Man, I wish Hugo didn't have that high production cost :(

I am so sad about all the Thanksgiving films runs

Dragon's Tattoo's performance is striking. I know it's easy to find reasons for failure after the fact, but I definitely thought it'd do better. At the very least I thought the appeal of Fincher would see it though. Will the other 2 films even get made?

Edited by Hatebox

Dragon's Tattoo's performance is striking. I know it's easy to find reasons for failure after the fact, but I definitely thought it'd do better. At the very least I thought the appeal of Fincher would see it though.

Fincher doesn`t have mass appeal unless Pitt is in his movie. And most people don`t care for TSN, don`t think he was robbed and wouldn`t see DT because it`s from TSN director.