CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

You mean your glad to see Sherlock Holmes, MI4 are rebounding today.

Yeah, was also, WTF,man, are we so desperate to leave boxoffice slump behind we are now cheering fuckin Alvin????I guess that Alvin will totally bomb only if they mo`cap Daniel Craig as a chipmunk. That will turn off even the staunchiest chipfans. Edited by fishnets

Yeah, was also, WTF,man, are we so desperate to leave boxoffice slump behind we are now cheering fuckin Alvin???? I guess that Alvin will totally bomb only if they mo`cap Daniel Craig as a chipmunk. That will turn off even the staunchiest chipfans.

lol, you really hate Craig. If a movie started Scar-Jo with Daniel Craig you might have conniption.

• Founder / Operator

1 more sellout each for Alvin and Sherlock. The former has sold out all eight of its shows today so far.I don't know about the rest of the country, but this is the busiest day at a theater I've seen in all of 2011 outside Potter's opening day...which really only benefited that particular movie.

Edited by ShawnMR

Updating the theater I'm tracking today:

War Horse (2 screens) - 1 sell out

Zoo (2 screens) - 2 sell outs

Tattoo (2 screens) - 2 sell outs

MI4 (2 screens) - 1 sell out

Holmes 2 (2 screens) - 3 sell outs

New Year's (1 screen) - 1 sell out

Arthur (1 screen) - 1 sell out

Muppets (1 screen) - 1 sell out

And, this is just flat out incredible...

Alvin has sold out all 7 of its first 7 shows (through times that don't start for another hour and a half from now). I don't even remember the first two films quite doing that.

Shawn is there anything in particular you're using to track the films at a particular theater or is this one of the perks of being a website owner. :)

• Founder / Operator

Shawn is there anything in particular you're using to track the films at a particular theater or is this one of the perks of being a website owner. :)

I usually either check Fandango or call the theater (usually when it looks like Fandango isn't updating properly, which is often). :)

Updating the theater I'm tracking today:

War Horse (2 screens) - 1 sell out

Zoo (2 screens) - 2 sell outs

Tattoo (2 screens) - 2 sell outs

MI4 (2 screens) - 1 sell out

Holmes 2 (2 screens) - 3 sell outs

New Year's (1 screen) - 1 sell out

Arthur (1 screen) - 1 sell out

Muppets (1 screen) - 1 sell out

And, this is just flat out incredible...

Alvin has sold out all 7 of its first 7 shows (through times that don't start for another hour and a half from now). I don't even remember the first two films quite doing that.

Shawn are you tracking Thoroughbred, 100 Oaks or Opry Mills? Just curious.

The epic failure of In The Land of Blood and Honey is astounding - only a $9,267 estimated PTA for a 4-day weekend, opening in only 3 theatres. So incredibly bad.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is still doing decent business - an estimated $22,830 PTA for the 4-day in it's 3rd weekend in 53 theatres is pretty good. It's a pity it hasn't gotten any award recognition to help propell it to a wide release and a decent total.

The epic failure of In The Land of Blood and Honey is astounding - only a $9,267 estimated PTA for a 4-day weekend, opening in only 3 theatres. So incredibly bad.

My mother is an Angelina loonie and is using the "it had one of the highest PTA's of the weekend!!!!" argument against me. :P Edited by Taylor

My mother is an Angelina loonie and is using the "it had one of the highest PTA's of the weekend!!!!" argument against me. :P

Your mom knows about PTA's?? Jeez! :blink:

The numbers are horrible but with a completely foreign cast, foreign language, plot about genocide and rape during Christmas weekend, plus zero p&a from the studio (I see a lot of movies and never once saw the trailer for this in theaters) I don't see how there would have been a different result.

Loud and Close had the best PTA for the 4 day....AND IT OPENED ON SUNDAY :PAnd My week had a much smaller OW when it went wide the its limited OW. :PSo what films from 2011 do you think will go wide next month other then Wide and Close? I say The Artist will sometime, possibly Tinker, Tailor. Can't imagine anything else.