Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Sorry, but it is. Bought my BFI IMAX tickets for opening day well in advance, ignored the reviews and...was mightily disappointed. Liked it, don't get me wrong. It was a valiant effort, but...meh.

We're done. See it 4 more times

• Like 1

There's something odd about MJ1's drop. It has had big increases OS...even the developed markets are looking at 5-10% increases.

It was more popular at an earlier point in time in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world. Even other developed markets have been slow to catch on relative to the U.S. Nowhere to go but down in the domestic market and nowhere to go but up overseas.

• Like 1

Yeah Revolutions are overhyped anyways.  :P

I think people forget the entire reason why THG blew up to the general audiences was the games and the novelty and the entire concept.

CF was pretty much the Hunger Games all star edition.

This film did not have that. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

That is your opinion but I think without the games its a certainty CF would not have done well as it did as there be nothing as appealing to sell to the mainstream audiences as "the Hunger Games Again All Star Edition!

Personally only reason why myself and a lot of my guy friends watched CF was to see the THG again.

I think MJ1 lost a lot of that casual crowd this time.  

Edited by Lordmandeep

I don't see why anyone is surprised. Mockingjay SUCKS. It's one of the least satisfying books I've ever read, and an awful, awful ending to the trilogy. I was still predicting 350m or so, but it seems the rest of the audience hates it at much as I do.

• Like 1

I heard MJ1 is very bleak like the start of CF the entire film.

The bleakness of CF in the start was good but having an entire film like that sounds tedious.

DH1 was very bleak but only fell 6m from HBP.

MJ1's bleakness just isn't as absorbing as CF.

I don't see why anyone is surprised. Mockingjay SUCKS. It's one of the least satisfying books I've ever read, and an awful, awful ending to the trilogy. I was still predicting 350m or so, but it seems the rest of the audience hates it at much as I do.

MJ is such a mess of a book but its ending is its easy bright spot.