Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I see a lot of love for the Bourne Identity, but it doesn't do much for me.

I know it's kinda taboo to say more grit = good, but it really gave the Bourne series the edge it needed. Supremacy and Ultimatum are great.

Supremacy is the best, but I enjoy all three of them very much.

Neither of the first two Bourne's did much for me. I was only glad I kept up with the series so I could follow Ultimatum, which was a good film.

I love the Bourne trilogy. Identity is probably my favorite.

All I ever think about Supremacy is of that god-damned camera. People complained about THG's shaky cam, but Supremacy still holds the undisputed heavyweight championship of shaky cam for me.

It's the only movie where shaky cam has worked pretty well IMHO. I just love the pacing of that film and it also has great acting plus some pretty strong emotional content at the end.

The shaky cam in both Greengrass's Bourne's is GREAT. its clear, they get every shot they need, every action is seen and in focus. 

Give it a try again sometime. Scenes like this one are pretty tough to beat in that franchise:

Supremacy does have the Urbanator factor, as well as Legend Csokas.

Csokas played the role of helpless ex-Treadstone perfectly. Got his shit rocked.

I hate I missed this conversation.

• Like 2

This really is a time the split should have been vetoed. The movie could have been a really complete and satisfying film with like a 160m runtime and it would have easily been the movie event of this boring year. Could have crushed the box office this year with that finale effect. Next year though MJ2 isn't even guaranteed to be the movie event of November, let alone the whole year. Obviously Lionsgate will still make more money splitting it though, but it just makes it all so much more lackluster than if it were one complete, event movie.

Edited by MovieMan89

I'm sure Lionsgate cares that MJ1 is looking to make $100M less than CF.

The people who work in these companies only care about money, the president of Lionsgate admitted it in a Forbes profile so yes, MJ1 doing 100m less dom ( where they have the biggest gross percentage as opposed to foreign markets) than CF is a BIG deal to them even  if they ll end up winning a lot of money with the two Mockingjay movies.

Wall Street analysts expected CF to do 950 ww last year ...

Edited by The Futurist

This really is a time the split should have been vetoed. The movie could have been a really complete and satisfying film with like a 160m runtime and it would have easily been the movie event of this boring year. Could have crushed the box office this year with that finale effect. Next year though MJ2 isn't even guaranteed to be the movie event of November, let alone the whole year. Obviously Lionsgate will still make more money splitting it though, but it just makes it all so much less lackluster than if it were one complete and event movie of the year.

I really want Lionsgate to split Allegiant into 2 movies - for the lulz.

Agreed. Lionsgate assumed that because the last two installments made $150 million, they could use this general interest to their advantage, and just became lazy with the marketing. You can't sell a movie in 1 minute, it takes a lot more to make a general moviegoer to pay for their ticket. Lionsgate's marketing only targeted the fans, who were going to see the movie anyways.

In my humble opinion, I believe Lionsgate know they have another movie coming out and didn't want to break the bank on marketing. If you look at it from a business perspective, the movie is going to be a great success even if it decreased from the last one. The bottom line is the bottom line. I'm pretty sure they knew splitting the last book into 2 movies would come with some risk. Cutting back on marketing costs helped minimize that risk in my opinion.

• Like 2

Interflopper is not going to come close to a single prediction made I believe so I say that one. 

Neither will Floppingjay.

Unless someone predicted under 300 I don't know about.

:ph34r:

Interflopper is not going to come close to a single prediction made I believe so I say that one. 

Interflopper is a brainy original non-sequel scifi movie with no A-list boxoffice star,  Floppingjay is the immediate sequel to a big hit 1 year ago so I'd say this one.

• Like 2

Interflopper is a brainy original non-sequel scifi movie with no A-list boxoffice star,  Floppingjay is the immediate sequel to a big hit 1 year ago so I'd say this one.

Interstellar was hardly brainy.

• Like 3