Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

yes it is because thg is smart and good while marvel is dumb and good

tumblr_inline_n6lqnsSO121qc7g7w.gif

After so many people were wrong with their GOTG box office predictions, I would think that people would be pulling for GOTG to win the year domestically. But, I guess people are doubling down on their GOTG hatred.

• Like 3

After so many people were wrong with their GOTG box office predictions, I would think that people would be pulling for GOTG to win the year domestically. But, I guess people are doubling down on their GOTG hatred.

I'd just hate to see HG 3 do poorly even if GotG is imo a better film. It is not as much rooting against GotG as not rooting against another film I like.
  • Like 1

The most interesting fact here : 2014 was a weak year in the US despite it was the biggest recent year for the US economy at the same time! While the recession was strong and the unemployment quite high the DOM BO was strong.

Does that mean people are more likely to watch a movie during a recession? Does that mean people have less time for leisure when they find a job again? Or is it because of an inadequate supply?

It's the opposite of what happened in Spain : the BO strongly fell during the recession there and really suffered from it, now the BO started to recover as the economy gets better.

It would be an interesting case study for sure, and an example of cultural differences leading to different results.

Honestly I don't care, 2015 will be so huge we'll completely forget about this ^^

I know. It's just that this year which has had A LOT of great blockbusters hasn't been able to poduce a single 400 M movie.

And by the way, it's not just 2015, it's 2015 and beyond with all those Marvel, DC and STAR WARS movies. Ha ha.

• Like 1