CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

The oscahbait biopics generally aren't intended for as wide an audience and the marketing campaigns aren't nearly as overwhelming as superhero movies

The reason why there are so many superhero and biopic movies being produced is the same : brand recognition.

You could argue that a genius musician is " a superhero", someone who thanks to an incredible talent lived an extraodinary life full of very highs and sometimes very lows which lead to good drama in general.

• Like 1

The reason why there are so many superhero and biopic movies being produced is the same : brand recognition.

You could argue that a genius musician is " a superhero", someone who thanks to an incredible talent lived an extraodinary life full of very highs and sometimes very lows which lead to good drama in general.

This might actually be the most salient point you've ever made on here.

• Like 1

I mean, don't the academy just get sent all the free dvds at the end of the year anyway? I don't see why they all have to be shoved out in the last quarter. 

The end of the year is also when a ton of movies with dvd screeners get leaked online. Don't ask me how I know this. :ph34r:

that's cos they've got the estate leering over them. It's usually even worse if the person's still alive. It's better when a movie just ignores all that and depicts the person in the way they want to, like the social network.

I was surprised at how good the Social Network was.

• Like 1

The Oscah voters love that fluffy bullshit. So many Hollywood types are so thirsty for the statue, they don't care how hard they're pandering

Poor Amy Adams. She's a good actress though. She's gonna be Susan Lucci of the Academy Awards.

I was surprised at how good the Social Network was.

Zuckerberg is still butthurt about the movie. He never misses the opportunity to say that most of the book and film are purely drama inventions, full of lies.

• Like 1

Biopics are boring because they're too clean, lol. They don't like to show the dirt on people.

The James Brown movie was weak.

Brown was a notorious wife beater. The movie has him slap his wife once

Brown had huge drug problems and his son was killed. The movie covers them both in a 1 minute scene.

• Like 1

Poor Amy Adams. She's a good actress though. She's gonna be Susan Lucci of the Academy Awards.

Amy Adams will probably soon have her reserved seat at the Kodak Theater, she s basically nominated for anything she does, like Meryl.

The James Brown movie was weak.

Brown was a notorious wife beater. The movie has him slap his wife once

Brown had huge drug problems and his son was killed. The movie covers them both in a 1 minute scene.

I'm shocked, shocked, that the director of the help would provide such a dickless portrayal. Dude didn't need a pg-13 movie.

Biopics are boring because they're too clean, lol. They don't like to show the dirt on people.

Saving Mr. Banks was such Oscar bait trash. Ended up only getting one Oscar nomination for music. Deserving. Haha.

Disney shouldn't have wasted so much money pushing it, and Monsters University which didn't get a Oscar nom. Should have focused on Frozen. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Saving Mr. Banks was such Oscar bait trash. Ended up only getting one Oscar nomination for music. Deserving. Haha.

Disney shouldn't have wasted so much money pushing it, and Monsters University which didn't get a Oscar nom. Should have focused on Frozen. :ph34r:

Oh, boy, the erection still hasn't quelled with you. Just...move on.