CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

No interest in reading the last 20 pages or so, but can we seriously stop asking what went wrong for every movie that didn't hit tracking or our expectations? MJ is still going to make 750m+ WW on a 125m budget. Most studios would kill for that type of profit. Nothing went wrong, it went less right then the previous instalments, that's it.

It seems almost every movie today has that question asked and yet the majority of the time the movie makes a big profit for the studios. The only time we should ask what went wrong is when a movie actually flops, not when it doesn't hit our expectations.

Lol.

• Like 2

No interest in reading the last 20 pages or so, but can we seriously stop asking what went wrong for every movie that didn't hit tracking or our expectations? MJ is still going to make 750m+ WW on a 125m budget. Most studios would kill for that type of profit. Nothing went wrong, it went less right then the previous instalments, that's it.

It seems almost every movie today has that question asked and yet the majority of the time the movie makes a big profit for the studios. The only time we should ask what went wrong is when a movie actually flops, not when it doesn't hit our expectations.

hmmm.

ok, I'm convinced.

You paid 15 bucks for 15 minutes of RPX worthy material then. :P

I know I got bamboozled. But it was the show time I was going for. Didn't realize how much it cost until after I asked for the ticket. I was like "this should be worth it". :(

Not huge on either but Dawn is way better than rise. Rise is terrified to be it's own thing.

Dawn doesn't work without Rise. In Rise they spend the whole film developing Caesar and it's brilliant. The levels at which I'm attached to that character are incredible. In Dawn they use the fact that you're already hooked on Caesar so they don't waste extra time developing him to move the plit along in a grand story.

I love both of them.

I really liked this summer's Apes movie (whatever the hell it was called, I honestly don't know, and that's a serious problem right there, stupid naming!!!), but it sure didn't move me the way other movies did. I was far more moved coming out of DOFP or GOTG or even Edge of Tomorrow.

All 3 had me mindblown walking out and wanting to see again. Apes I was just ready to get back home.

• Like 1

Dawn doesn't work without Rise. In Rise they spend the whole film developing Caesar and it's brilliant. The levels at which I'm attached to that character are incredible. In Dawn they use the fact that you're already hooked on Caesar so they don't waste extra time developing him to move the plit along in a grand story.

I love both of them.

Dawn is a lot better than Rise, which was painfully average.