ACCA

Sony Pictures Hacked

Believe it or not but this no surprise about Rudin.

Even if you don t believe me, Rudin has actually a worse reputation than Harvey Weinstein. Weinstein has his assolish moments but he s fairly good in general. Plus, Weinstein cannot be that big of a monster when every actress in Hollywood of the past 25 years has been a Harvey girl, he must have his ways with the ladies.

Rudin is an ass, even if brilliant in his field. All his emails reveal a superiority complex.

Nobody s perfect though.

I'd probably say Harvey is a tad worse than Rudin, his behaviour on The Reader was shocking but the stories about Rudin and his treatment of assistants is pretty bad as well.

Plus Rudin and Harvey hate each other s guts because they have been in competition on Oscar nights so many times. Their fights are Hollywood legend and I think there s a book about it that goes into details about all the crap they pulled out to each other.

But I repeat, Harvey and the ladies, he has his ways, I could make a gallery of Harvey with every Important hollywood actress of the last 25 years and I don t think you can work with actresses by being a total ass with them, even if I am aware the actresses use Harvey too. His current wife is stunning though. And yes I am aware of the terrible crap Harvey pulled off for The Reader, let s say the guy is persistent and doesn t like being said no ...

Those guys are lambs next to big corporate America and the banksters who have as much soul and morals than serial killers.

It's on.

North Korea experienced sweeping and progressively worse Internet outages extending into Monday, with one computer expert saying the country's online access is "totally down." The White House and the State Department declined to say whether the U.S. government was responsible.

http://www.chron.com/business/technology/article/North-Korea-experiencing-severe-Internet-outages-5973840.php

• Like 2

Believe it or not but this no surprise about Rudin.

Even if you don t believe me, Rudin has actually a worse reputation than Harvey Weinstein. Weinstein has his assolish moments but he s fairly good in general. Plus, Weinstein cannot be that big of a monster when every actress in Hollywood of the past 25 years has been a Harvey girl, he must have his ways with the ladies.

Rudin is an ass, even if brilliant in his field. All his emails reveal a superiority complex.

Nobody s perfect though.

But they 're behind the scenes people, it doesn't matter how the public sees them. Maybe Harvey is better at PR and wins oscars for his leading ladies and all that stuff, but especially in the last decade he can't hold a candle next to Rudin's resume. Harvey Weinstein was crucial in the rise of indepent film in the 90s but since he created his new company keeps producing year after year the same transparent oscar baits. Except from Tarantino which Weinstein Company movie would be remembered 10 years from now? Maybe King's Speech and Silver Linings because they both were very big hits. But under those you just have stuff like Iron Lady, the Reader, Osage County, the Butler which by 2020 I doubt anyone will remember they ever existed. 

Rudin's resume in the last decade includes No Country, Social Network, Moneyball, There will be Blood, True Grit, Grand Budapest and Captain Phillips. So I guess he is good at his job, doesn't get in the way of filmmakers and also cares about producing challenging and/or different movies. That's all anyone should want from a producer. 

He sounds like an asshole in the Jolie mails but he has a point. There is a precedent about a big superstar pimping an uber-expensive Cleopatra biopic and it's one of the most infamous disasters in Hollywood history.

• Like 1

But they 're behind the scenes people, it doesn't matter how the public sees them. Maybe Harvey is better at PR and wins oscars for his leading ladies and all that stuff, but especially in the last decade he can't hold a candle next to Rudin's resume. Harvey Weinstein was crucial in the rise of indepent film in the 90s but since he created his new company keeps producing year after year the same transparent oscar baits. Except from Tarantino which Weinstein Company movie would be remembered 10 years from now? Maybe King's Speech and Silver Linings because they both were very big hits. But under those you just have stuff like Iron Lady, the Reader, Osage County, the Butler which by 2020 I doubt anyone will remember they ever existed.

Rudin's resume in the last decade includes No Country, Social Network, Moneyball, There will be Blood, True Grit, Grand Budapest and Captain Phillips. So I guess he is good at his job, doesn't get in the way of filmmakers and also cares about producing challenging and/or different movies. That's all anyone should want from a producer.

He sounds like an asshole in the Jolie mails but he has a point. There is a precedent about a big superstar pimping an uber-expensive Cleopatra biopic and it's one of the most infamous disasters in Hollywood history.

Yeah I know all of this but Harvey seems to have a problem with Oscars, it seems like it s the only thing that makes his dick hard, winning oscars is his thing so yeah he produces a lot of Oscar bait material, sometimes they re good, sometimes they aren t.

But that s what makes Harvey special is that he is shameless when he campaigns, he s ready to say and do anything to win awards. Smear campaigns and all.

Rudin may produce better films but I m sure he loves the golden statuettes too. And Harvey/rudin oscar fights are Hollywood legends. I think I read they insulted each other on many occasions.

Edited by The Futurist

This whole hacking saga has gone from hilarious to downright sad with The Interview being pulled, possibly never to see the light of day. There is no way Amy Pascal isn't no longer working for Sony in a few months.

I think the almost universal (no pun intended) condemnation of SONY's pulling the film has sealed Pascal's fate. Corporate leaders who lead their companies to such humiliation (particularly in an industry where image is so important) don't last long. Pascal managed to get SONY blasted by both Obama and Republican leaders and that ain't easy. I think Pascal was in trouble before because of SONY's lackluster box office performance this year but this huge fiasco makes her fate almost certain.

And, to top it off, "Annie" is yet another SONY film that is underperforming badly at the box office.

Terrible year for SONY.

Sony Hack Still Causing Headaches and Now Earnings Delay

It never rains, but it pours. And for Sony, the forecast calls for flooding. On Friday, the company announced that the latest consequence of the massive system intrusion it suffered in November would be a delay in its quarterly earnings report.

The Tokyo-based electronics and entertainment conglomerate filed a request with the Financial Services Agency of Japan (FSA) to delay its earnings report for the fiscal quarter ending Dec. 31, 2014. The company is asking for an extension of its deadline, which normally would have been Feb. 16, until March 31.

In November, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony's studio subsidiary, was the victim of a cyberattack against its network and IT infrastructure by a hacker group calling itself the Guardians of Peace. The hack took down the studio's computers for several days, and resulted in a massive loss of confidential data, including private e-mail correspondences between executives and digital copies of entire, then-unreleased, movies.

But the loss of data, as painful as it was, appears to have been only part of the damage the attack did to Sony. "As a result of the cyberattack, which has been now recognized as a highly sophisticated and damaging cyberattack, a serious disruption of SPE's network systems occurred, including the destruction of network hardware and the compromise of a large amount of data on these systems," Sony wrote in a filing with the FSA. "In response to this cyberattack, SPE shut down its entire network."

According to the filing, the company is still struggling to recover from the attack, with several major systems still off-line, including the studio's financial and accounting systems. Sony said that, due to the extent of the damage, much of its key network infrastructure for these systems would remain offline until next month. That timeframe will not give the company sufficient time to conduct the usual process of preparing its quarterly financial report in time for the Feb. 16 deadline.

Sony had planned to issue its earnings release and hold conferences calls for the press and equity analysts about the consolidated financial results for the previous fiscal quarter on Feb. 4. Although it will not be able to include any information on is financial results, the company has said it still plans to issue a press release and speak to press and analysts regardless.

Despite the delay and the massive damage the company cited as its reason for requesting an extension, Sony insisted in its filing that the financial damage of the attack is nothing to worry about.

"While Sony continues to evaluate the impact of the cyberattack on its financial results, it currently believes that such impact is not material," it said.

The damage to the accounting and financial systems was limited to the Sony Pictures Entertainment subsidiary, which is headquartered in Los Angeles, and did not include the company's electronics or financial divisions, which will file their earnings as normal. However, Sony as a whole will be unable to file its complete results until the studio is able to make its numbers final.

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=113001VGFJEG

Edited by Sir Tiki

No surprise there but still on the Sony lot so not completely cutting ties. Wonder if they'll replace her or just have Michael Lynton run the studio on his own, I'd probably say if they do replace her, Hannah Minghella seems the most likely candidate.