iceroll

Alcatraz (CANCELLED)

Great series. Hope it gets a second season. Deserves it.

Yeah so far I have been liking it. I missed last night's show but I will catch it when I get home. But yeah, if the ratings are dipping a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a one season thing. :(

i'm not hopeful, when i'm lagging to watch a show online immediately and end up watching previous episode ten days later i know my interest is dipping, i think they would have been better off staying on the island ;) rather than random killer spree of the week sorta!sam neill looks so good in this, he should get a better show , and the character jack is underused total eye candy! i like hurley enough

It's starting to bug me how they're on the island. Seriously, the BART train has stopped in the tunnel between SF and Oakland and they see this on a screen while on Alcatraz. So they catch a boat from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf, then by car to a service entrance to the BART tunnel, then ride the service cart to the location of the stopped train. I know it's just a TV show but they really could have thought this through a bit more.On side note. It could have been me. I've ridden the BART to a Warriors game across the bay.

• Community Manager

It's starting to bug me how they're on the island. Seriously, the BART train has stopped in the tunnel between SF and Oakland and they see this on a screen while on Alcatraz. So they catch a boat from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf, then by car to a service entrance to the BART tunnel, then ride the service cart to the location of the stopped train. I know it's just a TV show but they really could have thought this through a bit more.

But why would they have thought that out a bit more?I also assume they have a private ferry.

I`m not surprised this is falling. JJ tends to build his shows around a mystery that is strecthed too far while we get tons of filler in beteen. procedural nature of the show is just dull and the leading chick is meh. Nothing to attract audience on weekly basis.

But why would they have thought that out a bit more?I also assume they have a private ferry.

Even so, it would take a minimum of 30 minutes to get there and somehow they're the first responders. Why did the guy wait 30 minutes after stopping the train before releasing the poison gas. I know the geography of TV world is not the same as the real world(plus this is shot in Vancouver) but it just really bugs me.@fishnets.It seems they tipped the scale more towards your standard procedural and not enough mystery.

• Community Manager

I`m not surprised this is falling. JJ tends to build his shows around a mystery that is strecthed too far while we get tons of filler in beteen. procedural nature of the show is just dull and the leading chick is meh. Nothing to attract audience on weekly basis.

Like Fringe in the beginning? Everyone who attacked Olivia has ended up eating their own words.And I disagree. I'm finding the procedural elements to be strong.

Like Fringe in the beginning? Everyone who attacked Olivia has ended up eating their own words.And I disagree. I'm finding the procedural elements to be strong.

I enjoy the show and how it is going. Maybe I just like history type stuff, but I am into this show more than Fringe. Like you said, Fringe was basically the same in the beginning. Hopefully this show can make it past the one season, but it is facing an uphill battle right now.

I never had problem with Olivia on Fringe. She was somewhat reserved but compassionate and likable enough. And Torv has always been stronger actress than what`s-her-name. Also, Walter was the main reason to watch and Alcatraz doesn`t have an instant classic character like that.BTW, I gave up Fringe seevral weeks ago. I just don`t connect with this fake-verse.

About a month ago I thought they had cancelled it then I discovered it was still on the bubble and now its gone. To be expected. I was more disappointed with the cancellation of Terra Nova.

I guess the mysteries will remain that...mysteries. Why must these networks suck me in and I get no resolution? :lol:

yeah I hate that myself. They could at least do a blog or article explaining what they were planning and let us know the ending :P
  • Like 2