grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

I get not thinking that the film looks good but there is this weird hatred for this movie's very existence. The biggest studio does nothing but trade on nostalgia and doesn't get shit for it but I'm supposed to hate RPO sight unseen because it trades on nostalgia? And no the trailers haven't been perfect but they aren't bad either.

Anyway, I hope I like the movie.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The biggest studio does nothing but trade on nostalgia and doesn't get shit for it

!!!!! which internet are you on? Doesn't get shit for it? lmao

Anywho glad to hear this is apparently not the steaming pile its trailers were

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Anywho glad to hear this is apparently not the steaming pile its trailers were

I can't say I'm completely surprised, as the buzz/gossip from Unsourced Anonymous Rumormongers was that it was quite good.  At least according to reports earlier in the thread.  Pity about the marketing to this point though, as you say.

Still have the critic reviews as well as the first reactions from the general audience, so this is only the first hurdle (and easiest) of a few to clear.  Even so, a good sign for its box office prospects.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/review/ready-player-one-review-1093639

"A rollicking adventure through worlds both bleak and fantastic, Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One makes big changes to the specifics and structure of Ernest Cline's best-selling novel but keeps the spirit and level-up thrills intact."

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I get not thinking that the film looks good but there is this weird hatred for this movie's very existence. The biggest studio does nothing but trade on nostalgia and doesn't get shit for it but I'm supposed to hate RPO sight unseen because it trades on nostalgia? And no the trailers haven't been perfect but they aren't bad either.

Anyway, I hope I like the movie.

[Mod edit: Not the franchise wars thread]