Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Yes please. Prometheus had serious writing flaws, but I still loved it.Great visuals and atmosphere, and a solid story. Some terrible plotting in the script and characterization still didn't drag it down that much.Granted, I'm still not pleased with how they dealt with Charlize's character...

• Like 5

Yes please. Prometheus had serious writing flaws, but I still loved it.Great visuals and atmosphere, and a solid story. Some terrible plotting in the script and characterization still didn't drag it down that much.Granted, I'm still not pleased with how they dealt with Charlize's character...

I agree it wasn't perfect but people were really nitpicking everything.  What happen when you just enjoyed Sci-Fi.  It was tiresome hearing "Oh how did she run after having that operation" I mean this is the future, medical technology is suppose to be better.  It's little things like that.  I know people have a hatred for lindelof after "LOST" but it got out of the control with the "Prometheus" hate.  The only thing I will agree with is the whole "Snake" sequence, lol. 

• Like 2

I agree it wasn't perfect but people were really nitpicking everything.  What happen when you just enjoyed Sci-Fi.  It was tiresome hearing "Oh how did she run after having that operation" I mean this is the future, medical technology is suppose to be better.  It's little things like that.  I know people have a hatred for lindelof after "LOST" but it got out of the control with the "Prometheus" hate.  The only thing I will agree with is the whole "Snake" sequence, lol.

I think people were too focused on the flaws to see the good.That being said...the alien abortion scene...Example of poor plotting. This rather riveting sequence, she does all that....she stumbles out bloodied and gets to the room where everyone else is, including Old Guy Pearce and the nurse she just knocked out...she's bloody, battered, shit just went down and everyone is like...hey, what's up? Like nothing happened! The nurse she just knocked out.....nothing.Movie really felt like they thought up good scenes, and either forgot to connect them or cut out those scenes.Still, really liked it, but there are problems.
  • Like 1

Same here

"From the writer of Green Lantern"... Prometheus 2.

Sounds very promising. 

They knew the script was the fuck up last time so it's good to see that they have gone over and above to put the fans at ease with their choice this time.

Edited by Magic
  • Like 1

I'm mildly curious about how this goes. There were things enjoyable about the first, but it remains one of the most disappointing and infuriating films I've seen, purely from a construction standpoint. It was like... lots of stupid things, but not enjoyably stupid like in a Michael Bay film.

Good visuals, though. They really delivered there.