iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

I was fine with Sylar surviving Season 1. The problem was that ultimately every season ended up having Sylar shoehorn his way into being a major villain until suddenly he does a gigantic massive heel-face turn in the latter portion of Season 5.

I quit watching after the first half of season 3 when they seemed to set up every storyline really well, only for Sylar to kill the villain by shooting him just so Sylar could be a bigger villain. The writers seemed to love Sylar much to the detriment of the rest of the characters. There was this one character (one of Peter's girlfriends) who actually gets abandoned in a dystopian future, and literally forgotten about, no one mentions her ever again and this happened in an early season 2 episode, a throwaway line addressing her status or something would have sufficed.

#55 Malcolm in the Middle - 141 Points
7ZkbbDo.jpg
IMDB Rating:
HG5QOnd.png
Aired:  2000-2006 (Fox)
Episodes: 151
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: Malcolm in the Middle received two votes at #2. Both represent 50 points, and total 100 points of its total, the other 3 votes come from relatively lower ranks.
Storyline: An offbeat, laugh track-lacking sitcom about a bizarrely dysfunctional family, the center of which is Malcolm, the middle of the two brothers who still live at home. His eldest (and favorite) sibling, Francis, boards at military school because his parents believe it will reform him and keep him out of trouble. Malcolm often has a hard time coping with his family life, but he has more troubles to contend with when he starts receiving special treatment at school after being diagnosed as an intellectually advanced genius.
Opening Theme:

tumblr_n5nxlh3gFi1tpegqko1_400.gif

• Like 5

#54 Family Guy - 145 Points
EY4CxIB.jpg
IMDB Rating:
7g4QTlo.png
Aired:  1999-ongoing (Fox)
Episodes: 236
List Trivia: With an 18.1 average score, Family Guy has the 3rd lowest average in the Top 100. Justice League was the lowest with 17, followed by SNL with 17.8.
Storyline: In a wacky Rhode Island town, a dysfunctional family strive to cope with everyday life as they are thrown from one crazy scenario to another.
Opening Theme:

sHFyavm.gif

• Like 1

#53 The Muppet Show (-31 ranks- 146 Points
cyYdIBf.jpg?1
IMDB Rating:
RVtRf3n.png
Aired:  1976-1981 (CBS)
Episodes: 120
List Trivia: The Muppet Show ranks 38 spots above the other puppet show - Sesame Street. It also falls 31 ranks from the previous list, which is actually the smallest drop for any show that's been on the previous list so far.
Storyline: Kermit the Frog is the manager of a cabaret-style theatre house, which invariably has more drama behind the stage than on it. He has to contend with wannabe-comedian bears, the smothering advances of Miss Piggy, crabby regular theatre patrons, homicidal chefs, livestock, not to mention making the weekly guest star feel welcome.
Opening Theme:

K5fgF5y.gif

• Like 5

I like Macolm in the Middle, but come on....#55. :mellow:

Walter White mania! :D

Also, everyone quit crapping on Glee. Remember when there was a spike in LGBTQ teen suicides some years back?  Glee was an incredibly relevant and welcome aspect of pop-culture then. Plus, sometimes the music can be goooood.

http://youtu.be/roAmRztQsbU

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

#52 Scooby Doo - 154 Points
pM0OV0Q.jpg
IMDB Rating:
NJDRmBP.png
Aired:  1969-2013 (CBS/ABC/WB/CW/Cartoon Network, multiple series)
Episodes: 327
Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon
List Trivia: Scooby Doo has been on almost ever channel in the Top 100, but it originally aired on CBS so I counted it towards that. It also has the 8th most episodes in the Top 100, with 327.
Storyline: A group of friends and their dog (Scooby Doo) travel in a van solving strange and hilarious mysteries
Opening Theme:

OqYbGLd.gif

• Like 6

#51 The Shield - 156 Points
kC7nmIu.jpg
IMDB Rating:
LcIwGVK.png
Aired:  2002-2008 (FX)
Episodes: 88
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: The Shield is the 5th show so far to receive a #1 ranking. Can you guess who gave it the #1? :P Guess it goes to show that heavy campaigning actually does help your show rank high on the list.
Storyline: The story of an inner-city Los Angeles police precinct where some of the cops aren't above breaking the rules or working against their associates to both keep the streets safe and their self-interests intact.
BOT User Blurb:
A Shakespearen tragedy centered on a team of corrupt cops, The Shield helped launch the FX Network and paved the way for envelope-pushing dramas on basic cable.
-Seth Rollins

Opening Theme:

tumblr_ngvo2dVu2n1qg1euzo4_250.gif

• Like 3

Walter White mania! :D

Also, everyone quit crapping on Glee. Remember when there was a spike in LGBTQ teen suicides some years back?  Glee was an incredibly relevant and welcome aspect of pop-culture then. Plus, sometimes the music can be goooood.

http://youtu.be/roAmRztQsbU

Yea when Glee was good, it was really good. It actually was a huge cultural phenomenon, and probably one of the most impactful shows in the Top 100.

Too bad most people only remember the downfall.

• Like 1

#52 Scooby Doo- 154 Points

pM0OV0Q.jpg

IMDB Rating:

NJDRmBP.png

Aired: 1969-2013 (CBS/ABC/WB/CW/Cartoon Network, multiple series)

Episodes: 327

Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon

List Trivia: Scooby Doo has been on almost ever channel in the Top 100, but it originally aired on CBS so I counted it towards that. It also has the 8th most episodes in the Top 100, with 327.

Storyline: A group of friends and their dog (Scooby Doo) travel in a van solving strange and hilarious mysteries

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/Pgcadrlp6ZA

OqYbGLd.gif

Well Scooby doo is certainly the best cartoon (not anime)series of all that have yet appeared. 52 Is a decent rank but i had really hoped it'd be in the top 50.

Just missed the top 50, that can fuck right off. Glad it made it, though, given that of all the shows to get GOAT-style acclaim (The Wire, BrBa, Sopranos), it's one of the most tragically underseen. And I doubt anything I did other than rank it highly actually helped it do well. Pretty much everybody I saw who listed the show had it pretty high on their list, it's just a victim of not being seen by enough people. Being available on Netflix would probably be a huge help in changing that, but no such luck.

Also, Archer >>>>> Family Guy

Edited by Seth Rollins
  • Like 3

Also, Iceroll, how many gifs of wrestlers in tactical gear did you have to scroll through to find that gif of Vic Mackey's head?

I myself am partial to this one:

tumblr_me94lxMMlW1rybrn0o1_400.gif

LOL you have nooo idea, my Google search was "the shield fx gif tumblr -marvel -wrestler" and it still took forever!

• Like 1