grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

Ugh, Transcendence didn't even make the top? I think I had it on no 4. 

Yes, but pretty much everyone else hated it, so that might have hurt its chances.

Ugh, Transcendence didn't even make the top? I think I had it on no 4. My Top 10 :P :

1. The Hobbit 3

2. Interstellar

3. Gone Girl

4. Transcendence

5. Transformers 4

6. The Maze Runner

7. Lucy

8. This Is Where I Leave You

9. Dracula Untold

10. I, Frankenstein

:ohmygod:

• Like 14

Ugh, Transcendence didn't even make the top? I think I had it on no 4. My Top 10 :P :

1. The Hobbit 3

2. Interstellar

3. Gone Girl

4. Transcendence

5. Transformers 4

6. The Maze Runner

7. Lucy

8. This Is Where I Leave You

9. Dracula Untold

10. I, Frankenstein

You are lucky you are so good looking. :lol:

• Like 1

Number 6

The Lego Movie – 189 points, appears on 26 lists, #1 on 1 list

NrdIRup.png

AdZ3oZx.png

Everything is awesome (apart from a lack of an Oscar nomination), but The Lego Movie released in early 2014 and stayed in the public conversation throughout the year. Lord and Miller make their second appearance on this list. The movie was basically a Wreck-It Ralph for famous Lego and pop-culture characters. The movie was a laugh a minute romp which was thoroughly entertaining for the entire runtime with a pretty good third act twist which casts the entire movie in a different light. One of the best experiments as well as movies of 2014.

Of course, the song is also an earworm,

Boxoffice: 257M Domestic / 468M Worldwide

BOF User Reviews:

A funny movie with a killer ending that elevates it from being a funny diversion to really being emotionally powerful...it's fucking awesome.

A” –  WaterBottle

Amazing, hilarious movie. Probably better than Frozen, I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Everyone in the theater was laughing every 20 seconds.

A+” – Alpha

One of the funniest recent movies in general, and the twist at the end was simply amazing, and I was almost in tears. It was freaking AWESOME A+” – Blankments

• Like 14

Number 6

The Lego Movie – 189 points, appears on 26 lists, #1 on 1 list

NrdIRup.png

AdZ3oZx.png

http://youtu.be/fZ_JOBCLF-I

Everything is awesome (apart from a lack of an Oscar nomination), but The Lego Movie released in early 2014 and stayed in the public conversation throughout the year. Lord and Miller make their second appearance on this list. The movie was basically a Wreck-It Ralph for famous Lego and pop-culture characters. The movie was a laugh a minute romp which was thoroughly entertaining for the entire runtime with a pretty good third act twist which casts the entire movie in a different light. One of the best experiments as well as movies of 2014.

Of course, the song is also an earworm,

http://youtu.be/StTqXEQ2l-Y

Boxoffice: 257M Domestic / 468M Worldwide

BOF User Reviews:

A funny movie with a killer ending that elevates it from being a funny diversion to really being emotionally powerful...it's fucking awesome.

A” –  WaterBottle

Amazing, hilarious movie. Probably better than Frozen, I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Everyone in the theater was laughing every 20 seconds.

A+” – Alpha

One of the funniest recent movies in general, and the twist at the end was simply amazing, and I was almost in tears. It was freaking AWESOME A+” – Blankments

Blanks:

200.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Number 5

X-Men: Days of Future Past – 192 points, appears on 26 lists, #2 on 4 lists

t00ie7B.png

0ADi3FF.png

Into the top five we go with this time travel saga involving mutants. Days of future past took a franchise which had never gone above 400M at the WW box office and took it to three-quarters of a Billion. Bryan Singer returned to the franchise he helped make famous and gave us a gripping character drama which just happened to involve superheroes. Fassbender and McAvoy were both on top-form and Hugh Jackman was good as always in the role he could probably now play in his sleep. This was a return to form for a franchise which had seemed like it was past its peak. It also gave us what may have been the best scene of the year.

Boxoffice: 233M Domestic / 748M Worldwide

BOF User Reviews:

X-Men: Days of Future Past. I have not enjoyed a super-hero movie as much as this since Christopher Nolans the Dark Knight. This movie shines in a number of aspects in particularly some amazing action scenes, stellar visual effects, solid acting and a serviceable story. This is a crowd pleaser and you do not have to have seen any of the previous X-Men movies to enjoy it, although it does help some references.This is definitely the best X-Men movie and one of the best blockbusters of recent memory.

A” –  eXtacy

easily an A from me. My complaints are small, and the film as a whole was really solid! Quicksilver was by far the best part of it all, and the film got a little slow after his departure. It picked back up though and was really entertaining! The visuals were great, the acting superb... one of the best X-Men films, if not one of the better superhero films made within the decade.” – Kalderic

The biggest concern that I had going into this movie was how would the huge ensemble work on the screen. There was nothing to worry about. Focus is given where it should be: on the A-team, while some characters like Sunspot or Bishop were there without much explanation (it wasn't needed anyway) and without taking away valuable screen-time. Singer once again showed how he can handle the big cast, give everyone something to do and turn them into an advantage rather than some of them being an anchor to the plot, something he has lost since X2.

Another thing I loved was the pacing. Opening with a cool action scene to get us to know the new characters, to show the plot devices and to show how they work as a team, all in the first 10 minutes. Then we shift to the past and everything is perfectly built up for the final battle, both in the future and the past. I love it when films can do this (many directors try but fail) and this was one of those rare movies that made me care equally about the slow, character scenes and the action which was fantastic.

All in all, I'd say this is the best X-Men movie and in the top 5 of all the comic book movies

10/10” – Darkelf

• Like 11