rukaio101

Year 10 Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Debating if Poison and Wine should have a limited to wide release or just straight up wide. It is a niche film (has potential do be a general film however). It is the first installment of three films. Each of the films gets more general and less niche (I don't wanna spoil anything lol).

Any thoughts folks?

If you think you got something good a limited-to-wide release could help. If you're unsure a straight wide release would be the better option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Debating if Poison and Wine should have a limited to wide release or just straight up wide. It is a niche film (has potential do be a general film however). It is the first installment of three films. Each of the films gets more general and less niche (I don't wanna spoil anything lol).

Any thoughts folks?

Unless it's prestige material limited expansions don't really make a ton a sense because then it's reliant on word-of-mouth.

If you think you've got something real good on your hands then go for it, but I'd stick with the wide release if you're unsure.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Unless it's prestige material limited expansions don't really make a ton a sense because then it's reliant on word-of-mouth.

If you think you've got something real good on your hands then go for it, but I'd stick with the wide release if you're unsure.

I'll probably just release it wide. There is a lot of things in the film (not bad things just controversial) that might hinder positive word-of-mouth

I've got three projects left I want to finish. Hunchback, Rita and that three-hour animated film (which I still haven't figured out a title for and will probably cut down to 2 and a half hours max) which I hope to squeeze in somewhere, although if I finish the other two on time and that one is still far behind I'll probably push it to next spring.

Hunchback's got the fastest development time since all I have to do is watch the original, write those scenes down and add my own touches, although writing in original songs is a lot harder than it looks.

Edited by cookie

6 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

I'll probably just release it wide. There is a lot of things in the film (not bad things just controversial) that might hinder positive word-of-mouth

Just give me a date and a theater count and I'll add it to the schedule I posted in the last page.

8 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Realized it's been a year since ALWKF was published. My god characters swore a lot in that movie. :lol:

Haha yeah your characters did. I just finished reading it.

I actually had to censor and delete large portions (sex scenes) of Poison and Wine otherwise the post would get taken down or I could get warned. 

Proposition: I don't have the plot for SPARK on any files, and I want Cookie to be able to read it. However, I pretty much remember all of the plot details. Aside from a few minor fixes, I can try to pretty much make the same film as close as I can. (Only casting will change, Paul Dano is way too old to be playing a teenager, as well as few plot points) Think of it as a "Remastered" version. It should not be eligible for academy awards and will receive a relatively small release.

Is this allowed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Proposition: I don't have the plot for SPARK on any files, and I want Cookie to be able to read it. However, I pretty much remember all of the plot details. Aside from a few minor fixes, I can try to pretty much make the same film as close as I can. (Only casting will change, Paul Dano is way too old to be playing a teenager, as well as few plot points) Think of it as a "Remastered" version. It should not be eligible for academy awards and will receive a relatively small release.

Is this allowed?

I'm not opposed to it. SPARK came out in Year 4...that is 6 years ago in CAYOM time and 4 years ago in real time. Studios remake films with much less time in-between. 

2 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Is this allowed?

A remaster with a small release and no Oscar eligibility I don't think anyone would mind (plus I finally get to review it so it's a bonus on my part). A straight wide release remake probably won't go over well.

Edited by cookie

38 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Is this allowed?

If you plan on remaking it then you'd probably have to wait a few game years down the line. But like Cook suggested, if it's basically a simple rerelease then that's fine.

12 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Also I am so swamped to the point where if I'm going to do this, I'll have to delay Witching Hour. Late Christmas seems like a shitstorm as it is, so I best most of y'all won't complain.

Is changing the cast okay in your eyes? 

It's an animated film so recasting shouldn't really be an issue since all you have to is re-dub the lines.

If you delay Witching Hour I'll be moving Hunchback to the 18th while placing Mirror's Edge elsewhere.

Edited by cookie