Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

2ilyjj9.png

Thank you!

Ed- just a note that this OS gross is as of Tuesday and not Thursday since the-numbers.com haven't updated the numbers yet

Screen Daily has it at 589 OS but that's until Wed. or Thurs. (they didn't specify)

Edited by MinaTakla

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Minions?src=hash">#Minions</a> all set to crush $300M dom mark today or tomm. Global will reach $1.1B - best in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DespicableMe?src=hash">#DespicableMe</a> franchise.</p>&mdash; Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) <a href="

8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1

We can't really base the prediction on our opinions on what we want it to do...which in this case..."Less" than expected. It depends how it will fare out. That's how it works.

Of course. That is obvious. None of the top 10 ever in box office are in the top 10 of best films ever (at least in my opinion). I just wanted to say that I would prefer that Minions could not outgross Frozen. But if Minions finally do it, good for it. Said this, Minions needs at least $250m from China to do it, something quite difficult (although you never know with China).
  • Like 1

BoxOffice.com

Minions passed the overseas lifetime cume of its parent movie Despicable Me 2 ($607.5M) this weekend with an estimated $18.2 million (-54%) from 62 territories, lifting the overseas total to $609.8 million and the global total to $912.5 million. Japan held strong this weekend with $2.7 million for a 9-day total of $14.1 million, and South Korea grossed $2.4 million for an 11-day total of $11.2 million. Minions is currently the 5th highest-grossing animated film of all-time overseas and the 9th highest-grossing animated film of all-time worldwide with China still to release on September 13.

• Like 1

‘Minions’ Marches Past $900M At Global Box Office; Overtakes ‘DM2′ Offshore

Kevin, Stuart and Bob continue to wreak havoc at the worldwide box office as the henchmen hit yet another milestone this weekend. With today’s grosses, Universaland Illumination Entertainment’s Minions is crossing $900M globally. In North America, the estimated bounty to date is $302.7M with $609.8M coming from offshore markets for a total of $912.5M. The Kyle Balda/Pierre Coffin-helmed origins story is the highest-grossing animated title of 2015 and the 7th biggest animated film ever. It’s also the second U/Illumination collaboration to reach $900M. The partners previously hit $975.2M with Despicable Me 2.

That film fell short of the $1B mark worldwide, but given the momentum behind spin-off Minions, it’s likely the 3rd time for this franchise will be the charm. This weekend it passed DM2’s international take of $607.5M, with no new openings in the frame. This comes in the same week that Universal reached $5.53B at the worldwide box office — the highest-grossing year ever for a studio in industry history.

The Minions still have some rounds to make. They’ll travel to Slovenia on August 13, Italy on August 27, Turkey on September 14 and Greece on September 24. Also on deck is China which is a September 13 bow. While it will slot into a crowded marketplace for Hollywood films, Minions should be muscular — note that the firstDespicable Me movie never released in the Middle Kingdom, but DM2 grossed about $53M there in early 2014.

Minions’ other highlights include holding the No. 1 spot on the worldwide box office chart for three consecutive weeks while opening No. 1 in 55 territories. It’s the highest-grossing animated movie of all time in 11 markets: Hungary, Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Philippines, Russia, Slovakia, Thailand, Ukraine, U.A.E. and Vietnam.

For Universal, it is the highest grossing film of all time in six: Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia and Slovakia.

• Like 1

Current markets might leggy to 700M...

I think that's a bit high for current markets. Am thinking perhaps 650-675 from current, 320-325 from DOM and then 25 from new markets (Italy, Slovenia, Turkey, Greece) and then a 100m in China.

Waiting for country by country actuals so I can take a closer look and update the chart.

Edited by MinaTakla