baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

Yes, please. That should be fun ;)

Thanks for your list, Tele... but isn't it a bit confusing not including movies others have had on their list?

He has to do that other it would be boring if his list was identical to mine like of course it would have been.

• Like 2

16. Mrs. Doubtfire

MPW-37121.jpg

Schmaltzy. Insipid. Puerile. Hammy. Directed with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the jaw. One of those movies where characters act beyond all logic just to fit the loopiness of the plot. Robin Williams is always good when doing wild impersonations and letting it all out there, but it's a pretty one-note performance, and the only redeeming quality in this festering pile of steaming dung.

url-17.gif

• Like 5

At first, it was funny Baumer.

But now I'm fucking concerned for your mental state. :(

I'm concerned for me too.  This shit aint right.  I'm just a little emotional right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLo0Zr0_lA#t=101

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

NUMBER 6 - HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT 1 + 2

(especially Pt. 1)

220th on IMDB top 250, 4th WW Box Office, 20th Domestic Box Office, 108th Adjusted,

3 Oscars Nominations, 1 BAFTA win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MahTKZDHXaA

(quick side note, I've never seen those literal trailers before, thought it was pretty excellent.)

Right so onto Mr. Potter and what to most fans of the franchise seems to be the best installments of the franchise and that's the bit I don't get. By and large in my opinion the Potter saga on film (never read the books) gets better and better and better up to Half Blood Prince. I was so excited to see this final installment that cutting it in two didn't bother me at all. In fact it was a good thing as it meant one more awesome Potter film than expected.

However, Pt. just drags and drags and drags for me. People criticise Mockingjay for being empty, to me it was like John Wick compared to DH1. The acting and effects were still as good as they had been within the series and I still loved the universe but I was so let down that a universe full of magic and wander got pushed to the sidelines for the final installment.

I don't know if it was trying to be darker, I don't know if all the needless scenes crammed in were done so to stay true to the book (and by staying true to the book, it kept the fans in love with it despite its girth and drudgery, I really don't know. But this was like a typical dissappointing end to a trilogy for be just on a greater scale as it took 6 films to get here and so the feeling of being let down at the end almost felt worse than it did with say Xmen 3 or Spiderman 3 even though the latter two are vastly more inferior films to this one.

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1