baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

12. All Disney animated movies

(insert many, many posters here)

Yes, a few of them are very well made. But on the whole (and even the good ones), they're over-rated. They tend to follow extremely limited storylines (reduced, even, from the original myths some of them are adapted from) and they tend to serve two masters: lots of noise and flash to keep the kiddies' attention, and mildly risque humor and/or topical pop-culture references to stop the parents from shooting themselves.

Staring daggers

• Like 2

Yes, a few of them are very well made. But on the whole (and even the good ones), they're over-rated. They tend to follow extremely limited storylines (reduced, even, from the original myths some of them are adapted from) and they tend to serve two masters: lots of noise and flash to keep the kiddies' attention, and mildly risque humor and/or topical pop-culture references to stop the parents from shooting themselves.

tumblr_m574y11hoE1r317bvo1_500.gif

Having said that, some of Disney's older films don't live up to their reputations (namely The Jungle Book, most princess movies before Beauty & The Beast), and some are just downright horrible (Chicken Little and Home on The Range).

Still, you're so wrong. :P

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Wow, I should apologize to you, B. This list turned out to be very good, even if I still dislike the concept.

Anyway, thoughts:

I disagree with you on these films: The Godfathers, Full Metal Jacket, There Will Be Blood, Citizen Kane, and Transformers 3. The first 5 are great films, while Transformers 3 isn't well liked enough to really count as a "brainwashing" film.

Choices that I applaud you for: The Hunger Games, Jump Street Films, Marvel Films, Skyfall, Star Trek, Batman Returns, and Harry Potter. What's interesting is I like almost all of these films, but all of them are far too highly praised (particularly the Jump Street films).

Goonies is a truly overrated fat ass turd, one of the worst movies ever made.

But alas this Telemachos fellow is fuckin insane, makes Baumer a saint, this list is absurd, a putrid display of shitting on awesomeness.

Edited by B J
  • Like 3

giphy.gif

• Like 1

its so funny/unsurprising that lisa is the only one to like this edition

• Like 1

I've found most, if not all of Tele's selections entirely reasonable, which means he's cool (and so am I) and it's even more fun to see others get pissed off.

(Followed by: Tele takes down Pulp Fiction or The Shining, I join the crowd with the pitchforks)

• Like 6