baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

• Community Manager

12. All Disney animated movies

(insert many, many posters here)

Yes, a few of them are very well made. But on the whole (and even the good ones), they're over-rated. They tend to follow extremely limited storylines (reduced, even, from the original myths some of them are adapted from) and they tend to serve two masters: lots of noise and flash to keep the kiddies' attention, and mildly risque humor and/or topical pop-culture references to stop the parents from shooting themselves.

Says the Disney XD editor.

:P

• Like 6

This has quickly become the competition of how many people I can piss off.

So far Chas has the lead with Tele following tightly. Surprisingly Baumer, the starter of this competition, pissed off the least amount. But of cause, karma hit him as just when he was calling other memembers getting brainwashed, he found his fav movies on other people's list and he got mad.

This is getting really interesting. Let's see how it goes when more top brainwashing threads pump up. :flamewar:

• Like 4

Yes, a few of them are very well made. But on the whole (and even the good ones), they're over-rated. They tend to follow extremely limited storylines (reduced, even, from the original myths some of them are adapted from) and they tend to serve two masters: lots of noise and flash to keep the kiddies' attention, and mildly risque humor and/or topical pop-culture references to stop the parents from shooting themselves.

11. The first two "Man with No Name" movies

Hear me out. These are fun, cool movies. But in no shape or form are they some of the "greatest ever". THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY is an all-timer, but these first two ride its coattails to all the acclaim. The acting is bad, the dubbing poor, and the pacing isn't fantastic. They're basically warm-ups for one of Leone's masterpieces. Good, not great.

poster-wanted-dead-alive-2054003%20copy_

• Like 15

Clues for the top three (in no  particular order):

An 'all time animated classic'

The main actors performance in this got an almost Birdman-like reaction from critics and viewers alike (Even though he missed out on the Oscar)

The Director has already made at least one appearance on this list

So, Lion King or Toy Story, and The Wrestler.

• Like 1

Holy shit, you raided the Faces thread! This means war! (and I'm not even smiling there...) :lol:

edit: I mean, who is this youngster? Thankfully I have a willing acolyte to pose as myself.

Yeah... I shouldn't have posted a childhood photo of you.... a current grumpy old man photo better suits this thread:

poster-wanted-dead-alive-2%20copy_zpsboy

• Like 6

How is Dumbo overrated? 

• Like 1