CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Maybe I should just sit out of the Oscars next season and all of awards and just start seeing what I want to see instead of wasting money on movies like Sniper and Theory of Everything

I really just don't see the point in this every single year

(Although, I'll probably stick around for the Critic's Choice because they always get 95% of it jiving with my opinion)

2 films that weren't even nominated for BP that I think should've won over Birdman, Nightcrawler and Gone Girl. Hell, throw in LOCKE as well. #crappyoscars

See, I agree about Nightcrawler and GG. Boyhood hit me in the feels. The gimmick/innovation in the filming worked for me.

Birdman was more about craft than a good story.

Edited by Mr Terrific

Maybe I should just sit out of the Oscars next season and all of awards and just start seeing what I want to see instead of wasting money on movies like Sniper and Theory of Everything

(Although, I'll probably stick around for the Critic's Choice because they always get 95% of it jiving with my opinion)

Just watch whatever movies you're interested in regardless of whoever likes them or not (critics or anyone else).

• Like 5

You should always only see what you want to see.

The most annoying aspect about Birdman winning is I know it won't get the backlash like Argo, Artist, or King's Speech because for some odd reason, the entire Internet is utterly infatuated with RedLetterMedia, so Boyhood is the backlash of this year regardless, kinda like how Gravity was the backlash of last year..

If this is in response to my post about RedLetterMedia being responsible for Boyhood losing, I was kidding... I doubt most of the people who decide who wins at the Oscars even know who they are.

But who cares? Honestly.

Call me crazy, but I find the IT TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE meme incredibly obnoxious and condescending to real criticism. If you don't like the movie, actually critique instead of going "derp people who like it are dumb"

Yes, I realize I'm doing that right now, but come tomorrow, I won't give a shit on here about it and continue on with my life with a just slight hatred towards Birdman in my eyes

• Like 2

Call me crazy, but I find the IT TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE meme incredibly obnoxious and condescending to real criticism. If you don't like the movie, actually critique instead of going "derp people who like it are dumb"

Yes, I realize I'm doing that right now, but come tomorrow, I won't give a shit on here about it and continue on with my life with a just slight hatred towards Birdman in my eyes

But so what? No real need to let it affect you. It's not even criticizing *you*. Stuff like that is basically other people's insecurities running rampant, half the time they're not really even responding to a movie, they're responding to a discussion of the movie.

Strip all that crap away (both good and bad).

• Like 3

Just watch whatever movies you're interested in regardless of whoever likes them or not (critics or anyone else).

You should always only see what you want to see.

See, here's the issue with that in general: You get assholes in your face when you say, for example, "I didn't see American Sniper, I thought it looked dull," and then they say in response, "LOL, then your opinion means nothing; how can you say Boyhood is the best movie of the year when you missed out on American Sniper???"

I can't deal with that shit; I got a reputation to uphold.

If this is in response to my post about RedLetterMedia being responsible for Boyhood losing, I was kidding... I doubt most of the people who decide who wins at the Oscars even know who they are.

It's more in response to you and Alpha forcing that meme.

birdman winning oh my god

over stylized, not in visuals and colours like hotel budapest, but in technique

attempting to create poetic dialogues that criticizes social constructions through empty symbolisms that should be decoded and interpreted by indie movie lovers

and it lacks feeling, it's like a idolization of metrics that don't say anything because ´´it's up to the viewer´´

it's just ugly

it reminds me of leos carax' holy motors

• Like 1

See, here's the issue with that in general: You get assholes in your face when you say, for example, "I didn't see American Sniper, I thought it looked dull," and then they say in response, "LOL, then your opinion means nothing; how can you say Boyhood is the best movie of the year when you missed out on American Sniper???"

It's more in response to you and Alpha forcing that meme.

Blank, just for you

8739.jpg

• Like 7

What reputation? Stop defining yourself by what others think of you (and what you think others think of you). I mean, look at it this way: there are like 6 billion people on the planet and every single one of them has an opinion about stuff. And every single one *knows* they're right and everyone else is wrong. Sure, sometimes some people will agree with their opinions but most of the time they won't.

This is just life, man. Let other people have their opinions (and react appropriately). It doesn't invalidate yours.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6