CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Still not buying the Boyhood win until it wins the SAG ensemble. Then I'll start believing this narrative is real or whatnot. I honestly still think that the guilds have a chance and a big chance of choosing another film to rally around. 

You keep dreaming.

• Like 1

So CJohn and other guys who get annoyed with me talking how LEGO is amazing:

Yep, it's gonna get even worse now. Every time there's a snub, I will be there to bring up how LEGO's snub was worse. Every time an animated movie comes out, I'll bring up how LEGO was better. Anytime anything of note happens involving anyone in the LEGO Movie's cast, I will bring up this horrendous snub.

O5zv0IM.png

• Like 5

Love that Hobbit wasn't nominated for VFX. It didn't deserve one. I'm a little disappointed Godzilla missed out. I'd definitely rank the VFX in Godzilla better than CA2.

Neither X-Men nor Cap 2 deserve it, tbh. I would definitely replace one of them with Godzilla... maybe the other one with the Hobbit.

• Like 1

You keep dreaming.

As I said earlier but it got buried, reminds me of when the hurt locker won. ppl saying it couldn't win because it was too small, not the type of film that wins etc. eventually the alternative choice they were waiting for just never became apparent.

• Like 1

So CJohn and other guys who get annoyed with me talking how LEGO is amazing:

Yep, it's gonna get even worse now. Every time there's a snub, I will be there to bring up how LEGO's snub was worse. Every time an animated movie comes out, I'll bring up how LEGO was better. Anytime anything of note happens involving anyone in the LEGO Movie's cast, I will bring up this horrendous snub.

O5zv0IM.png

Taking a scorched earth approach, eh? I'm sure that'll make everyone love the movie even more. ;)

• Like 1

As I said earlier but it got buried, reminds me of when the hurt locker won. ppl saying it couldn't win because it was too small, not the type of film that wins etc. eventually the alternative choice they were waiting for just never became apparent.

Yeah except I feel like THL was an exception to the rule with the woman thing, bigelow vs cameron, and the fact that I don't think there was anything come nomination morning that even looked like it could give THL a run for its money. Now we have TGBH and TIG. 

• Like 1

the director of Selma seems like such a great woman

havent seen it but I just rooted for her  :(

Black+a woman+ the botched screeners equal three strikes she's out. Guess I should've known really, but still terribly disappointed in them.The Academy really does need more non old white men.

• Like 1

Neither X-Men nor Cap 2 deserve it, tbh. I would definitely replace one of them with Godzilla... maybe the other one with the Hobbit.

CA2 and DoFP still had better VFX than the Hobbit.

Crossing my fingers Zimmer wins for Interstellar!

• Like 2