CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Black+a woman+ the botched screeners equal three strikes she's out. Guess I should've known really, but still terribly disappointed in them.The Academy really does need more non old white men.

screeners is the issue imo more than white men

so sad really :(

CA2 and DoFP still had better VFX than the Hobbit.

Crossing my fingers Zimmer wins for Interstellar!

Eh, I thought the Hobbit's effects were really good, though I totally understand why some people don't like them.

Also, I agree about Zimmer's score. It was fantastic.

But hey, there are 8 this year, there were 9 last year, there were 10 a couple years before that. By 2020 they'll have whittled their way back down to 5.

Odd numbers bother me, so I'm really happy about the 8 over 9, lol. Was calling 8 most of the awards season (though I had Gone Girl not Sniper).

• Like 1

Desplat's GBH score carries the movie. It's practically a major supporting character. I'd love to see him get recognized for it.

Agreed... Zimmer winning for Interstellar would have me rolling my eyes. It was imho one of the issues and not one of the strengths of IS.

GBH had a fantastic score.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

Song of the Sea +Kaguya makes the animated category awesome even with sucky Boxtrolls

AHvent expected this :wub:

Agreed... Zimmer winning for Interstellar would have me rolling my eyes. It was imho one of the issues and not one of the strengths of IS.

GBH had a fantastic score.

Desplat's GBH score carries the movie. It's practically a major supporting character. I'd love to see him get recognized for it.

quoted for truth!

GBH score is atounding! 

http://youtu.be/aI7hb28Cl-c

Edited by Lady of Lorien

I look forward to you angrily shaking your cane at the holographic TV when Lord & Miller get skipped over again. :)

Tele, thank you for thinking I am going to need a cane at age 39. That's definitely the positive thinking that helps me in this time of great sorrow

• Like 1

If they had done 10 BP noms this year I think Gone Girl and Nightcrawler could have taken the 9 and 10 spots.

I would be shocked if Birdman didn't win best cinematography.

And what??? At the LEGO "snub".

Also I think Jake Gyllenhall should have gotten a best actor nomination for Nightcrawler.

• Like 1

It was one of the highest grossing movies of 2014, the second best reviewed wide release of 2014 on RT, and a massive home video seller. It has been saved. ;)

I'm not getting an acceptance speech out of LORD MILLER; everything is not awesome

How did they botch Selma's screeners? :blink:

The movie didn't get locked until Thanksgiving (though an unfinished version had screened for some people). Locking that late meant that the DVDs wouldn't get made until the first week of December (and then you have to ship out all the copies), meaning that for some early guilds it missed the deadline entirely, and others didn't get their discs until well into the nomination process. They also didn't send them to all the guilds (though they did send to the Academy, of course).

• Like 4