CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

All was forgiven in those last 5 min. The cue for Rise that begins after Morgan Freeman realizes Wayne is alive...Gordon seeing the Bat Symbol, the JGL Batcave poetry...fuckin Chris Pine/Matt Damon tears

We were denied Jonathan Nolan's Batman Beyond.

Shakespeare in Love is probably one of the worst BP winners ever. It pretty much cemented Harvey Weinstein as the God of Oscar campaigns.

I agree that it won because of Weinstein but Shakespeare in Love deserved to win. I can't think of a 1998 film that I think is better (but I haven't seen that many 1998 films)

I don't really care about what wins since the Academy has never really awarded the "Best movie of the year" anyway. I do think though many movies get snubbed in technical awards though just because they are a movie that people don't like. TF4 should have gotten a best VFX nomination for instance, regardless if it's RT score was 0%

Saving Private Ryan?

Shakespeare in Love >>>>>> Saving Private Ryan. I love Spielberg but it's one of his weaker films imo.

I thought that the best animated feature and best animated short awards were the 2 that the Academy definitely got right this year. Although, I am admittedly biased.

The closest the Academy got to delivering a correct Oscar this year was Sound Mixing, for me. I don't 100% agree with it but I'm very happy that it won.

None of the other winners in my mind were even nominated in any category.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1