CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

So what's the consensus?

Laura Dern is the best thing about these nominations, the Academy suck for snubbing The LEGO Movie, Steve Carell and Emma Stone are now Oscar nominees, Bradley Cooper is now a 3 time Oscar nominee, and Meryl Streep got a nomination just for being Meryl Streep. That's all!

Rourke bad mouthed Marvel.  He called Iron Man 2 shit.  He said that he worked hard on the character and he was told that he could bring some of his ideas to the role nd then they left about 80% of his ideas on the cutting room floor.  And he's right.  Iron Man 2 is horrible.  So yes, he bad mouthed Marvel but he  was right.

That should have left all of him on the cutting room floor and his bird.

Regardless, Rourke's issues in the industry and rep go far beyond anything to do with Marvel.

I'm glad it was snubbed, why are this generation of filmmakers all so self-satisfied? I'm not crazy about Nolan but at least he's fairly self-deprecating, some of these other guys are so entitled.

NOPE I REFUSE NO LIKE FOR YOU

Besides, your favorite movie this year is by Inarritu so... 

• Like 2

Regardless, Rourke's issues in the industry and rep go far beyond anything to do with Marvel.

Pre Wrestler, I agree with you.

His scene on the race track was the best thing about that movie. :ph34r:

• Like 1

LOL did you see Xavier Dolan's twitter meltdown when Mommy wasn't short-listed? Same deal.

You can't compare Lord Miller to that. All they're doing is putting on a face because literally everyone in the animation community is pissed off on their behalf, and for good reason. There's a reason most people are running LEGO as the main story of the Oscar and that's because it's the only big snub but arguably the only bigger ones would've been Keaton not being nominated for BA or Boyhood not being nominated for BP

• Like 1

Pre Wrestler, I agree with you.

For all that he knew Wrestler gave him a  second big chance problems continued after and he did a lot of shit projects for money and wasn't even entertaining in them

From Esquire:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/mickey-rourke-comeback

That's when things went downhill again, and Rourke started taking more low-rent projects. Making matters worse: He knew they were bad. Here's an excerpt from a conversation he had with Vulture in 2011, in which he spoke about his true feelings toward 13 and Passion Play

He's talented, emotional, but, depending on whom you talk to, a giant pain in the ass to work with.