CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Ah...I can see why Boxtrolls got nominated. It features the first gay parents in animation history.

That is nice and good to see. However, that doesn't make it worthy of being nominated. It was an average film.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

I've seen both movies. Interstellar was beautiful.

Interstellar was beautiful.  However, making a bunch of pretty images of space is a lot easier to accomplish than what was accomplished in Dawn.  

Not that difficulty is more important, but to be able to believe that those were real apes walking and talking is a fucking ass load more impressive.

• Like 3

DOn't be silly, hollywood hates LGBT people

Part of me thinks Imitation Game will win best picture so Hollywood can be super proud of themselves for rewarding a movie about gay rights without the difficulty of having to actually reward a movie about gay rights.

• Like 7

Did Paramount spend all their campaign money on Interstellar? How could Selma have been botched so bad?

They musta spent a billion to get Interstellar a sound mixing nom :rofl:

And yes the Selma botch is terrible, genuinely depressing. Wonderful movie

• Like 2

Part of me thinks Imitation Game will win best picture so Hollywood can be super proud of themselves for rewarding a movie about gay rights without the difficulty of having to actually reward a movie about gay rights.

hahaha this :P

• Like 1

I love the lego movie. But this shit is worse than the time you guys went off for 50 pages because The Dark Knight Rises didn't get a vfx nomination.

WAIT, IT DIDN'T GET NOMINATED? HOLY SHIT, TIME TO ARGUE.

Ughh at the Selma slumps and I thought America Sniper was the most average movie ever. How it got 6 noms I have no idea. 

I'm not saying anything about American Sniper until I saw it, but the campaign did a lot for it.