CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Ah...I can see why Boxtrolls got nominated. It features the first gay parents in animation history.

Well in that case Lego might actually not be better than any of the nominees. BH6 was defs better and Ghibli's I'm gonna assume are better by default and I liked HTTYD2 the same as Lego and the Boxtrolls got the gay factor, so the Academy maybe got it right this year :D

Twitter watch: dick poop is still trending. is it any wonder in a year where so far the highest grossing best picture nominee hasn't even made 60m+ that this is the most talked about thing w/ the oscar nominations?

Cmon, Dick Poop would trend any year. It's far funnier than anything Tom Sherak ever said, even Michel Hazanavi-shoo 

• Like 1

I think Lego was one of the most amazing and charming films of the year right up until near the end of the movie where it switches to live action. It's so strange, but I can't understand why that scene was there. The film's message was about individuality so that scene ruined it for me. 

Still a really good film that was botched by one awful scene.

But the whole movie is basically foreshadowing the live action scene. You have clues it s gonna switch to live action and even the themes of the movie and the story are about what you see in the live action scene.

Frankly, I don t know how they could have finished the movie differently.

• Like 1

So Selma gets "snubbed" and its racist.

Performances in all white movie Fault in our Stars gets snubbed and thats fine.

Ok.

Fault In Our Stars got snubbed because it wasn't very good at all. In fact, it was probably one of the worst movies of the year which played as comfort food to tweens and affected some people who were probably brainwashed into thinking that its themes were very deep.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Fault In Our Stars got snubbed because it wasn't very good at all. In fact, it was probably one of the worst movies of the year which played as comfort food to tweens and affected some people who were probably brainwashed into thinking that its themes were very deep.

... Stop right there...

So

Marion Cotillard

Reese Witherspoon

Julianne Moore

Rosamund Pike

are the only nomination from their respective film ?

That s weird.

Edit : Laura Dern is nominated for Wild so that s two.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1