LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

You still mad?

Don't you have anything better to do?

But if you must know, if I don't at least see a healthy bump for Selma this weekend, then yes I will be mad. No excuse for Americans to shell out $100m over the weekend on a biopic like AS and completely ignore one like Selma. Even the crappy marketing and awards botching on Paramount's part is not a good enough excuse.

• Like 2

Don't you have anything better to do?

But if you must know, if I don't at least see a healthy bump for Selma this weekend, then yes I will be mad. No excuse for Americans to shell out $100m over the weekend on a biopic like AS and completely ignore one like Selma. Even the crappy marketing and awards botching on Paramount's part is not a good enough excuse.

Selma didn't even come to my town, but Sniper did. I am sure that is the case in a lot of places. Can't say everyone is ignoring it when some don't have a chance to go to the theater to see it.
  • Like 1

Wow at American Sniper's OW! I knew it will do well but not THIS BIG. The major Oscar nominations it got boosted this too

Glad Paddington is doing nice numbers. So I guess moving to January was a good move afterall.

• Like 1

Selma didn't even come to my town, but Sniper did. I am sure that is the case in a lot of places. Can't say everyone is ignoring it when some don't have a chance to go to the theater to see it.

True that AS is in about a thousand more theaters than Selma is this weekend. But Selma is still well over the 2k theater count. That should be more than enough availability for it to be doing a lot better than it is. The public interest just isn't there apparently. Again, sad/slightly maddening.

• Like 1