LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

The playoffs are when the teams with the best records ( with exceptions but for the sake of this explanation I'm not going to go into that) face off against each other in order to get a spot in the Superbowl

Oh okay, so semi-finals? I can understand why that'd be popular then.

Also...Sienna Miller is a beauty.

She's stunning  :wub:

I have a gift card but no film really appeals to me to watch in theaters till Fast 7. 

Someone gave me a cinema giftcard the other day and I felt really awkward because I have a cinema subscription :(

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

More Canadians actually care about the Stanley cup though. Many of the people I have been with during superbowl parties care more about the commercials and the half-time show than the game. 

That is true.

I think Canadian are drawn to the Superbowl for the spectacle rather then the game unlike Hockey. 

The massive stadium, the production effects, the ads, trailers, the half time show. 

However I live around Toronto and people prefer NFL over CFL here. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Eastwood said he decided to make the film from Kyle's POV. IMO, he did a really good job showing his dedication to country and fellow soldiers, the heroism, the PTSD/sadness, and the tragedy. Someone mentioned a while back that the release coming soon after the Islamic terror attack in France might have had an impact, and that could be true. Nobody was chanting USA USA when I saw the film, though. It was the most respectful, quiet and somber exit since Passion of the Christ.

• Like 1

It'll beat Avatar too, because why not?

I see this following Passion of the Christ's legs throughout its entire run essentially. So from a $93 million OW, a 4.4x multi would mean $418 million DOM. 

I don't see it going past $450 million DOM, but $400 million isn't out of the question... with that opening and strong WOM, why would it be discounted, but this thing has an A+ CinemaScore and minimal competition for the next month. Kingsman and Jupiter target teens/college students. 50 Shades targets women. SpongeBob 2 targets kids and nostalgic teens. 

None of the big films next month target Sniper's main demo - the heartland and older adults. Which is why I could see this staying in the top 10 until March 13 or 20. Run All Night is its first direct competitor. 

• Like 1

That is true.

I think Canadian are drawn to the Superbowl for the spectacle rather then the game unlike Hockey. 

The massive stadium, the production effects, the ads, trailers, the half time show. 

However I live around Toronto and people prefer NFL over CFL here. 

I live in Markham (previously Windsor and London) and I don't think I have ever met someone who actively follows the CFL. 

• Like 1

Strange as it seems, I actually like Cooper more in his dramatic performances than his comedies. His performance in Place Beyond the Pines blew me away.

I agree. I couldn't stand the hangover, which is all I'd seen him in for a long time, so I just laughed at the idea of him doing serious roles when I saw Silver Linings Playbook. Two hours later, I was a changed person. :P

Universal should have seen that coming based on those crazy theater averages of AS weeks ago. 03a.gif

Not really, most films that have huge ptas in limited release don't gross huge amounts when they go wide.

• Like 1

I agree. I couldn't stand the hangover, which is all I'd seen him in for a long time, so I just laughed at the idea of him doing serious roles when I saw Silver Linings Playbook. Two hours later, I was a changed person. :P

Not really, most films that have huge ptas in limited release don't gross huge amounts when they go wide.

Well, look what happened. lol