LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

A franchiseless R-rated biopic is gonna open to close to 100M and some of y'all are talking about Mission Impossible 5

This is why franchises rule the world

MI5 will probably be better than Sniper so whatevs

But they'll finally have picked the populist winner and win back some audience, especially wit 12YAS winning over Gravity last year. 

LOL, screw the populist fare; give it to an actually innovative movie like Birdman or Boyhood instead of gritty war biopic #49

• Like 1

LOL, screw the populist fare; give it to an actually innovative movie like Birdman or Boyhood instead of gritty war biopic #49

This isn't aimed at you, but the hypocrisy of many people who say this (*cough*Sasah*cough*) is insane. If the Academy awards the small movie that could they scream that the Academy is out of touch with the people and they should go with something that more people have heard of and if the Academy award the bigger pictures, they then scream that we're neglecting true art and whatnot. Like seriously people, you can't have it both ways. 

• Like 6

A franchiseless R-rated biopic is gonna open to close to 100M and some of y'all are talking about Mission Impossible 5

This is why franchises rule the world

Franchiseless? for now maybe. Someone has surely already been tasked with writing a prequel where Chris Kyle teams up with the Lone Survivor guy.

• Like 1

It's better than at least 3 of the nominated movies. so it has that going for it.

Hmm. The Imitation Game has been the only bad one I've seen so far. You didn't like Birdman or The Theory of Everything but I thought those were really good and good, respectively.

• Like 1

Hmm. The Imitation Game has been the only bad one I've seen so far. You didn't like Birdman or The Theory of Everything but I thought those were really good and good, respectively.

Yeah, it's better than those three. I wouldn't say I didn't like Birdman. I just said it was up it's own ass. It's a C+.