LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Legendary opening and really this a throwback to the past really.

When adult dramas adjusted made 250-300 million dollars and we are seeing that happening today and its shocking.

Issue is my friends the box office of today should be much greater then it is currently. It is just that 2014 did not have the films to appeal to the casual audiences and 2015 has those films. 

• Like 2

Elessar it is a wide established theory, anything you dislike becomes very popular  :P

It's not even that Ellesar dislikes it.  He read one review and decided he had no desire to see it.

Sad.

• Like 6

And another thing....of course this is its opening weekend.  This is the first weekend that it has gone wide.  Don;t think playin in 4 theaters counts as an OW.

• Like 4

It's not even that Ellesar dislikes it.  He read one review and decided he had no desire to see it.

Sad.

:rolleyes:

Don't turn it into something it's not. My point was just how little i had it on my radar and that one review i happen to read by chance didn't exactly encourage me to have it on my radar.

• Like 1

Legendary opening and really this a throwback to the past really.

When adult dramas adjusted made 250-300 million dollars and we are seeing that happening today and its shocking.

Issue is my friends the box office of today should be much greater then it is currently. It is just that 2014 did not have the films to appeal to the casual audiences and 2015 has those films. 

AMERICAN SNIPER is a 2014 movie.

Could this have a higher OW than X-Men, CA2, Godzilla, GOtG, and ASM2?

Now that you mention it. I wonder how much of this is Cooper and how much of this is the US citizens loving them some movies about soldiers.

• Like 1

This is nothing short of incredible. Not only that but this HAS to be taking the "original film" (not a sequel or adaptation) OW record, right?

It is incredible, but technically Sniper is an adaptation of a bestselling book, which means there was an audience built-in for it. I wouldn't count it in the same category as something like Avatar where Cameron came up with everything on his own and (in theory) didn't have much of a built-in audience.

• Like 2