kayumanggi

Terminator Genisys | 350.8 M overseas | 440.6 M worldwide

Well, I guess there won't be a sequel to Mad Max Fury Road then.

The film had about the same budget as TG, and grossed a worldwide $360 million.

If a $400 million gross is not enough for a Terminator sequel, why should MM get a sequel with less money made?

Because making a sequel isn't based on how much the original made, but how much you think the sequel will make. How much the original made is a factor in this but it's not everything. If it were, then something like Fast And Furious 4 would not have been made.

• Like 3

Well, you should not confuse critics reviews with WOM.

Fans actually like the film, there are no signs of bad WOM from the audience (as opposed to the critics).

No signs? How about 66% Audience score for TG vs. 89% for Mad Max? Big enough gap for you?

Regardless of what you want to believe, WOM for TG is not good. It may not be toxic, but it's not the kind of WOM that will drive a bigger crowd to watch a sequel.

That requires great WOM, the type that gets people to stream or netflix the movie and builds the audience for the next one.

That's the kind of WOM Mad Max has. Big big difference.

I think the holds Terminator Genisys has had up against the competition it has. Shows that WOM is good. By the way 66 RT show is better than San Andreas 60. Let's not forget it also still has a 7 on IMDB. That said, WOM on Fury Road is great so there's a gap. But anyone calling WOM bad on Terminator Genisys is just wrong. There's nothing to suggest that, besides opinions of some haters.

Edited by gb0708

Terminator Genisys should do 230 million internationally besides China and will do 95-100 million domestically. Which would put it 325-330 million worldwide without China. It has a good chance to cross 400 million worldwide with China and possibly matching T3 worldwide total.

Edited by gb0708

Terminator doesn't deserve success, it deserves punishment, punishment for selling out to the horrible PG13 trend.

Lol Oh boy I question your mental health. When you have such a obsession with PG-13/R nonsense. It's so whiny internet fanboy type thing from 5 years ago. I thought by now people with this mindset would get it and move on from complaining about it. Do you really need gore, nudity or f-bombs or hardcore violence to find a movie enjoyable? Terminator franchise hasn't been a really R rated since T2 back in 1991, so get over it. How well did it work out for Die Hard 5 when they listen to fan-boy pressure and make the 5th film R like the 90s films? It did nothing for the franchise. Didn't they deserve success for not selling out anymore? A film rating has no impact on he quality of the film. It comes down to the writers, directors and cast. Without those things, it doesn't matter how much nudity, gore, violence or f-bombs a movie has. End of story.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 2

Lol Oh boy I question your mental health. When you have such a obsession with PG-13/R nonsense. It's so whiny internet fanboy type thing from 5 years ago. I thought by now people with this mindset would get it and move on from complaining about it. Do you really need gore, nudity or f-bombs or hardcore violence to find a movie enjoyable? Terminator franchise hasn't been a really R rated since T2 back in 1991, so get over it. How well did it work out for Die Hard 5 when they listen to fan-boy pressure and make the 5th film R like the 90s films? It did nothing for the franchise. Didn't they deserve success for not selling out anymore? A film rating has no impact on he quality of the film. It comes down to the writers, directors and cast. Without those things, it doesn't matter how much nudity, gore, violence or f-bombs a movie has. End of story.

Well thats the stupidest thing I've read today.

The first weekend numbers from Germany were very mediocre but the hold is not bad for this type of film and with the still perfect weather (ca. -37% and 140k admissions, last weekend it had 224k without previews).

And keep in mind the terrible exchange rates almost everywhere. A few years ago it would easily have been over 300M already (and not around 250M so far).

Edit: According to BOM, it will pass the 250M mark today or better, it has passed. Should with US actuals from Thursday be at 251M. :)

Edited by el sid

Well thats the stupidest thing I've read today.

No it's not. I get what he's saying; why does the movie have to be R? I get it for something like Expendables where part of the point of that movie was that it was Restricted. With Terminator, what would you be getting if it were R instead of PG13, and how would that make it any better?

$380m - $390M WW

Not bad at all for an old

frachise

Being old isn't a negative, some of the biggest series today are old. T2 was the biggest movie in its year, and T5 isn't even in the same realm as this years biggest, that is bad. If you want to defend its numbers, you have to point out that its reputation was already destroyed by T3 and T4, so that it isn't this films fault. Edited by Tower