Blankments

Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates | July 8, 2016 | Anna Kendrick Joins

4 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Hehe. I knew it. The Shay (who generally used to hate and oppose such comedies) suddenly warmed up to this movie two weeks ago - and now I can't wait to see it this Friday (right after Tarzan).

Though admittedly Anna Kendrick's bare back-assets might have been the leading reason for this change of heart. :)

No, really - once I had seen the trailer a couple of times, it just felt like good comedy. Hope my Shay-senses tingling won't betray me.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reviews are nowhere near as bad as I expected. Given the lack of comedies out, actually think this could hit high-teens; I'm at 13M right now though. 

What have I been saying :) Super glad this is apparently good.

Edited by DAJK

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Though admittedly Anna Kendrick's bare back-assets might have been the leading reason for this change of heart. :)

No, really - once I had seen the trailer a couple of times, it just felt like good comedy. Hope my Shay-senses tingling won't betray me.

Hate to break it to ya, but... 

Spoiler

Body double.

5 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Looks funny but totally waiting for Netflix. 

These type comedies aren't enhanced on the big screen, my $13usd is better spent elsewhere. 

That's a big reason why Popstar failed at the box office.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Comedies are just something I long ago deemed unworthy of my theater dollar. 

The humor isn't enhanced, for me, at all on the big screen. It loses nothing of real value on my 52" tv at home.

Plus, the crowds in those theaters also seem to lack social graces and that's annoying. I'm not talking about laughing at the right moment either. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Comedies are just something I long ago deemed unworthy of my theater dollar. 

The humor isn't enhanced, for me, at all on the big screen. It loses nothing of real value on my 52" tv at home.

Plus, the crowds in those theaters also seem to lack social graces and that's annoying. I'm not talking about laughing at the right moment either. 

Oh yeah, that's lost its value. At the same time, when it is the right moment, it can be infectious. In terms of unanimous big audience laughter, nothing has ever topped the naked wrestling in Borat. Would have been the same for the elephant scene in The Brothers Grimsby scene had more people gone out for that. But yeah, there are always that one or two people in the theater who just seem to lol at the most minor moments which have been bewildering to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanks McCoy said:

Final predict:

DOM: 49M

Well, that's a pretty good number for this if it can get there (questionable).  Especially compared to Neighbors 2.  Well, mildly, if monos budget of 33m is considered.  Too much.