Fullbuster

Report: Netflix Developing Live-Action Zelda Series

TLOZ-MM.jpg

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, Netflix is working on a live-action Legend of Zelda television show.

The WSJ cites "a person familiar with the matter," saying Netflix described the show as "Game of Thrones for a family audience." Zelda game are often light-hearted even at their darkest, so the tone of the potential show doesn't sound too far out of line from the Zelda we already know.

Borrowing heavily from the premise of The Legend of Zelda games, the report says Netflix series is based on a boy named Link who must rescue Princess Zelda and save the land of Hyrule.

The series also reportedly doesn't have a writer yet, so it could have a "long road to travel" before the project is a reality.

We reached out to Netflix for comment. We'll update you when we know more.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/06/report-netflix-developing-live-action-zelda-series

OMG OMG OMG I'm a huge fan of The legend of Zelda since I'm a kid, I'm really curious to see this, I mean it could end badly but it's Netflix and they're really good at developing good TV shows I intend on trusting them.

• Like 2

Copy-pasting my post in the CC thread:

1. I'll believe it when I see it.

2. If it happens, Netflix better fucking know what they're doing.

3. It can't possibly end up as bad as Avi Arad's Mario movie though. That thing is a recipe for an absolute trainwreck.

Copy-pasting my post in the CC thread:

1. I'll believe it when I see it.

2. If it happens, Netflix better fucking know what they're doing.

3. It can't possibly end up as bad as Avi Arad's Mario movie though. That thing is a recipe for an absolute trainwreck.

Netflix is working closely with Nintendo according to the WSJ so I'm not worried.