Squaremaster316

The Top 25 most overrated films of all time.

How are these over rated?

Are you going to have some real choices on here or just movies you don't like?

Don't act so surprised, baumer. All 25 will be MCU films (the current 11 + all future and unannounced movies). ;)

• Like 2

If it just starts naming off all marvel or comic book films outside of TDK, then yes, it will be locked.  

Wait, why? It's as subjective as it can be. SW wasn't on yours or Tele's list of movies that brainwashed people into liking theme even if it should've been No. 1. And yeah, the Marvel movie with all the phraise they get, even though they are mostly crap deserve to be thrown under the bus.

If it just starts naming off all marvel or comic book films outside of TDK, then yes, it will be locked.

No don't. I know it'll be the whole MCU. But I don't know his specific placement yet. That would be interesting.

Wait, why? It's as subjective as it can be. SW wasn't on yours or Tele's list of movies that brainwashed people into liking theme even if it should've been No. 1. And yeah, the Marvel movie with all the phraise they get, even though they are mostly crap deserve to be thrown under the bus.

Wow, you're dense.

• Like 2

Because of who it is doing it. We know the intention behind it. :lol:

• Like 1

Because movies like Thor are not over rated.

When Marvel released Iron Man 3 in 2013, many comparisons were made to an earlier Pixar feature, The Incredibles.  Memes, graphs, animated features and the like, were all utilized to parody Marvel's less-than-original plot concept which seemed to borrow heavily from Disney's library.

Question is, where were these accusations two years earlier when they did the exact same thing with the release of Beauty and the Beast: The Neutered Cut, a.k.a.

Thor-thor-2011-21237663-486-625.jpg

The main problem with this film isn't the bland performances or the one-note protagonists or their forced, chemistry devoid romance.

It isn't the annoying, painfully unfunny Michael Bay-esque comic relief characters (Darcy may be the hottest girl I've ever hated).

It isn't the messy handling of Loki's character arc with the writers/director not being able to decide whether he should be a tragic/sympathetic villain or a slimy weasel.

It isn't even the eyeroll-inducing cliched villain lines like  "Well maybe, when we're done here, I'll pay her a visit myself!"  **Won't be the last time this tired trope appears on this list**

It's the fact that this film is one of the most abysmally paced productions to come to theaters since... well...

...the last time a Marvel based character got their first solo outing:

X-Men_Origins_Wolverine.jpg

Not since the worst installment of the Hugh Jackman's/Leiv Schriber trinity collaboration have I felt such a transparent "bullet point presentation" style of storytelling.

Everything about Thor feels extremely rushed, from Thor's character progression from "arrogant upstart" to "humbled civil servant" to his previously mentioned contrived romance with Natalie Portman's char... er, avatar.  Nothing feels like it is given any time to breathe.

Compared to 1991's Beauty and the Beast, while having a similar plot/character premise, benefited far greater with strong, layered character development from both the Beast and Belle and naturalistic progression of their eventual romance which took place over the seasons, mostly due to having stronger hurdles to conquer to reach their destination.  They were also complemented by far better, more memorable supporting characters.

The entire plot of Thor, and all of its arcs, from opening to closing credits, takes place over the course of less than 48 hours.

Aside from some decent looking special effects (which ultimately result in underwhelming action sequences due to time constraints) and Hiddleston making he best with what he's given, Thor feels less like a necessary chapter of a book and more like just a random cog Marvel felt necessary to place in the machine, simply to make it look like they weren't wasting any parts.

Umm. if anything Thor is UNDERRATED. and most people already hate Origins. in fact I would probably put them both in underrated films, if this is what this countdown is going to look like you can count me out.

trust me James, Squaremaster is just a pain in the ass. No-one wants to see a list as predictable as his, it will any film similar to a Nolan movie, or that was in direct competition to a Nolan movie. Expect to see every marvel movie on the list and The Matrix. Gravity will probably be on there too because like Interstellar, it was set in space.

Its all well and good adding a couple of marvel movies in the mix, but he will add in all of them even though the likes of Thor, Cap, IM2 & 3 and TIH are hardly overrated, they get hate

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Uhh, no. That's not fair to the creator of the thread, even if you think his choices are a pain in the ass.

If that's the case, then you're brainwashing thread might've been locked, since it featured franchise movies liked by multiple forum users.

Edited by Alpha

Uhh, no. That's not fair to the creator of the thread, even if you think his choices are a pain in the ass.

If that's the case, then you're brainwashing thread might've been locked, since it featured franchise movies liked by multiple forum users.

Uhh, yes it is fair.  This is supposed to be a list of over rated films, not a list of films that Squaremaster doesn't like.  

You don't like it, go report me again.

But this thread will not stay open if it just starts rifling off Marvel films that no one thinks is over rated.  If you need a dictionary to determine what over rated means, try asking your parents where Webster's is or try this:

dictionary.com

• Like 2

Uhh, yes it is fair.  This is supposed to be a list of over rated films, not a list of films that Squaremaster doesn't like.  

You don't like it, go report me again.

But this thread will not stay open if it just starts rifling off Marvel films that no one thinks is over rated.  If you need a dictionary to determine what over rated means, try asking your parents where Webster's is or try this:

dictionary.com

True dat. no one wants to see some butt hurt fanboy russling off his veddetta aganst a certain group of films. 

• Like 2

If you were familiar with Squaremasters posts you'd understand. When others create their own brainwashing threads, they are honest with their opinion and the backlash is all tongue in cheek. Each example tele/baumer and others mention have decent reasons as of why so even if we don't agree with them, and trust me there were some I didn't agree with, we could respect their opinions. With Squaremaster he is simply looking to troll and wants his own thread to do it.

• Like 3