Squaremaster316

The Top 25 most overrated films of all time.

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Iron Man 2

4. Iron Man 3

5. Thor

6. Thor the Dark World

7. Captain America: The First Avenger

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

9. Guardians of the Galaxy

10. The Incredible Hulk

Am I close?

• Like 3

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Iron Man 2

4. Iron Man 3

5. Thor

6. Thor the Dark World

10. The Incredible Hulk

Am I close?

11. Transformers

12.transformers 2

13.transformers 3

14.transformers 4

15. Avengers 2

• Like 1

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Iron Man 2

4. Iron Man 3

5. Thor

6. Thor the Dark World

10. The Incredible Hulk

Am I close?

you missed big hero 6

• Like 1

How is a Michael Bay movie on an overrated list? I enjoy The Rock, Transformers, and Pain & Gain heartily, but the idea that any of them is extremely over-valued seems a little silly.

I'd say Bay is actually an under-rated director on the internet, given the fact that some of his works are among the most hated movies on the internet.

• Like 1

How is a Michael Bay movie on an overrated list? I enjoy The Rock, Transformers, and Pain & Gain heartily, but the idea that any of them is extremely over-valued seems a little silly.

Maybe he is talking about general public love. Armageddon , Transformers 1 and the Bad Boys movies are loved among the GA.

Well actually I think Michael Bay's every films are loved by general public. 

I'm not sure about loved, but they're not hated overall, no. I have a friend who thinks Revenge of the Fallen is "awesome" and "cool", and when he brings it up I have to resist the urge to punch him in the face.  :lol:

• Like 2

When Marvel released Iron Man 3 in 2013, many comparisons were made to an earlier Pixar feature, The Incredibles.  Memes, graphs, animated features and the like, were all utilized to parody Marvel's less-than-original plot concept which seemed to borrow heavily from Disney's library.

Question is, where were these accusations two years earlier when they did the exact same thing with the release of Beauty and the Beast: The Neutered Cut, a.k.a.

Thor-thor-2011-21237663-486-625.jpg

The main problem with this film isn't the bland performances or the one-note protagonists or their forced, chemistry devoid romance.

It isn't the annoying, painfully unfunny Michael Bay-esque comic relief characters (Darcy may be the hottest girl I've ever hated).

It isn't the messy handling of Loki's character arc with the writers/director not being able to decide whether he should be a tragic/sympathetic villain or a slimy weasel.

It isn't even the eyeroll-inducing cliched villain lines like  "Well maybe, when we're done here, I'll pay her a visit myself!"  **Won't be the last time this tired trope appears on this list**

It's the fact that this film is one of the most abysmally paced productions to come to theaters since... well...

...the last time a Marvel based character got their first solo outing:

X-Men_Origins_Wolverine.jpg

Not since the worst installment of the Hugh Jackman's/Leiv Schriber trinity collaboration have I felt such a transparent "bullet point presentation" style of storytelling.

Everything about Thor feels extremely rushed, from Thor's character progression from "arrogant upstart" to "humbled civil servant" to his previously mentioned contrived romance with Natalie Portman's char... er, avatar.  Nothing feels like it is given any time to breathe.

Compared to 1991's Beauty and the Beast, while having a similar plot/character premise, benefited far greater with strong, layered character development from both the Beast and Belle and naturalistic progression of their eventual romance which took place over the seasons, mostly due to having stronger hurdles to conquer to reach their destination.  They were also complemented by far better, more memorable supporting characters.

The entire plot of Thor, and all of its arcs, from opening to closing credits, takes place over the course of less than 48 hours.

Aside from some decent looking special effects (which ultimately result in underwhelming action sequences due to time constraints) and Hiddleston making he best with what he's given, Thor feels less like a necessary chapter of a book and more like just a random cog Marvel felt necessary to place in the machine, simply to make it look like they weren't wasting any parts.

• Haha 1