baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

Baumer, I think there was a mistake...

You posted "best third part of a trilogy", and didn't post The Dark Knight Rises.

Double check that for me. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

You posted "best third part of a trilogy", and didn't post The Dark Knight Rises.

Thanks.

Hmm...yea, TDKR just missed the list....I think it came in at about 1006...so close to the top 105.

• Like 2

41) Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)

John Hughes

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better.... I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right..... I talk too much...... I also listen too much..... I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feeling's....... You think what you want about me, I'm not changing.... I like... I like me.... My wife like's me... My customers like me.... 'Cause i'm the real article. What you see is what you get!

imgPhoto_31_l.jpg

It's an excellent film and that will never be forgotten.  John Candy and Steve Martin were one of the best odd couples to hit the screen.  Not only is it funny, but as you can see from above, it is an honest and touching film.  One minute you are busting a gut laughing and the next you are feeling sad or happy or emotionally distraught.  John Hughes knows how to write about teens, but this is about adult as you can get.  And he nailed this one too.  

Planes-Trains-and-Automobiles.jpg

Trivia:

At the beginning of the movie, Neal Page (Steve Martin) races a character played byKevin Bacon for a taxi. Later, Neal phones his wife to tell her that he has been delayed (again); in the background, you can hear the fight from She's Having a Baby (1988) (also directed by John Hughes) between Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern, when she screams that she doesn't like his friend's girlfriend.

No transportation company wanted to appear inept or deficient in any way, so crews had to rent twenty miles of train track and refurbish old railroad cars, construct a set that looked like an airline terminal, design a rent-a-car company logo and uniforms, and rent 250 cars for the infamous Rent-a-Car sequence.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 11

Thanks.

His calculations were accurate.

• Like 2

You don't like SLP Empire?

I liked it and give it a B(87). I just didn't love it like I do the other 3 films that appeared in his list. I give them all an A+ with them all being in my top 30 favorite films all-time!

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2