baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

Nonsense, it's way too bourgeois.

The only thing I know about Battleship Potemkin is that the last scene with the baby in the stairs in De Palma s Untouchables is a rip off from a scene from this movie.

• Like 1

Top 105 films

1. Jaws

1. ET

2. Halloween

1. JFK

2. Empire Strikes Back

3. American Beauty

4.  Raiders of the Lost Ark

5.  Aliens

6.  Matrix

7.  Fellowship of the Ring

8.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre

9.  Pulp Fiction

10. Terminator 2

11.  First Blood

12. Titanic

13. Stand By Me

14. Angel Heart

15. Back to the Future

16. Scream

17. Star Wars

18. The Dark Knight

19. Terminator

20. Wolf of Wall Street

21. Usual Suspects

22. Swingers

23. The Ring

24. Tombstone

25. Mississippi Burning

26. The Pianist

27. Schindler's List

28. Rocky

29. Breakfast Club

30. Mothman Prophecies

31. Goodfellas

32. Ghostbusters

33. Predator

34. Rounders

35. Glengarry Glen Ross

36. Fargo

37. Planet of the Apes (1968)

38. Planes Trains and Automobiles

39. Silver Linings Playbook

40. Saving Private Ryan

41. Bourne Ultimatum

42. A Fish Called Wanda

43. Shawshank Redemption

44. Porky's

45. Forrest Gump

46. The Departed

47. Man on Fire

48. The Wizard of Oz

49. Better Off Dead

50. Perks of Being a Wallflower

51. Traffic

52. Dances With Wolves

53. Monty Python and the Holy grail

54. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

55. Mystic River

56. Less Than Zero

57. Armageddon

58. Groundhog Day

59. True Lies

60. Christmas Vacation

61. On Golden Pond

62. The Princess Bride

63. Goonies

64. Chasing Amy

65. Boyz N The Hood

66. Friday the 13th Final Chapter

67. The Avengers

68. Fight Club

69. Instinct

70. Basic Instinct

71. The Fugitive

72. The Prophecy

73. Apocalypse Now

74. Tequila Sunrise

75. When Harry Met Sally

76. Indian Summer

77. Argo

78. Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

79. Unbreakable

80. Extreme Prejudice

81. Braveheart

82. The Evil Dead

83. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

84. Heat

85. The Fault in Our Stars

86. Jumpin Jack Flash

87. Arlington Road

88. Malcolm X

89. Rocky Balboa

90. A Nightmare on Elm Street

91. Ferris Bueller's Day off

92. The Town

93. Office Space

94. Inception

95. The Sure Thing

96. Rambo FB 2

97. The Contender

98. Love and Other Drugs

99. This is the End

100. A Few Good Men

104. Birdman

105. Passion of the Christ

• Like 7

No no, I know you guys already know all that.

I don't. But just as I don't like my country's history (even though I love Europe's history in general), I also don't like movie history. There are some things that should only be associated with the present. Films only got better and better with time. Animation on the other hand... 

• Like 1

I don't. But just as I don't like my country's history (even though I love Europe's history in general), I also don't like movie history. There are some things that should only be associated with the present. Films only got better and better with time. Animation on the other hand... 

I couldn't disagree more. But that's okay, carry on. :)

• Like 4

Oh my goodness. lol

LOL

lol

lol

...lol

• Like 1

I agree with this to a point.  Films have gotten better over the years, but not in every way.  If you don't even give films a chance, how are supposed to know?  Have you even seen Jaws?

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions, even if they are wrong.  :P

• Like 1

So is battleship potemkin not on your list at all, baumer?

What rating do you give it? :)

6/10

Classic film but boring as hell.

I agree that history can be boring. Today's films are flashier, maybe a little easier to watch. Certainly to most people today if they have to pick between watching an old black and white movie and a present day one, they'd choose the present one.

I agree that films have generally improved over time; imo, as more and more films have been made, the understanding of what makes a good film has gotten better.

But neither of those things mean you should just write off the entire history of cinema. You don't need to understand it to judge today's movies, but it seems pretty ignorant to just throw it away. The fact that movies have "got better and better" doesn't mean all old movies are worse than today's. Ask most people what their favourite movie ever is, and it's probably going to be older than you are.

• Like 2

I agree that films have generally improved over time; imo, as more and more films have been made, the understanding of what makes a good film has gotten better.

This isn't true at all. If you're talking on a sheer technical level, then yes. Otherwise, not at all.

• Like 5

This isn't true at all. If you're talking on a sheer technical level, then yes. Otherwise, not at all.

Opinions opinions opinions :P

(I knew I would take some flak for saying that)

• Like 1

8dZZTx6.gif
  • Like 2

Umm, yes. Old acting sucks. It's corny as hell. Staying 2 hrs to atch A flight Over the Cuckoo's Nest in english class was the worst torture of my life.

• Like 1

Oh, god, here comes Dumbledore defending films that were released in his time.

History was always my favorite subject in school, the knowledge to the future lies in the past. 

That's really deep, Jay. Please enlighten us with some more of your thought-provoking statements.