Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Well, if Disney is willing to give him that kind of money he clearly has some star power. He got 20m last year for Transcendence so 95m for a movie that is all but certain to make over 1B is not that impossibly much.

Transcendence lost WB 10s of millions of dollars and was one of the worst reviewed biggest bombs of last year.    

Transcendence lost WB 10s of millions of dollars and was one of the worst reviewed biggest bombs of last year.    

The point was he got 20m for starring in a bomb movie. 95m doesn't sound so huge all of a sudden.

I am honestly curious how much will he ask for Alice 2. He got 40m for the first one.

Edited by James

Because his heart doesn't appear to be in it anymore. and he has to ask for outrageous sums of money for these parts. and he is not worth that much. I mean sure I can understand if they are big they can and should ask for more. and five years ago maybe he could have. but he plays the same character over and over and over again. and people are growing tired of his clown act. 

He is worth that much. Because Disney paid it. Because they know they don't have a franchise without him and they'd like to keep raking in the 800-1000m hits worldwide.

This is a business. If someone offered you $95m to reprise a job, of course you'd take it. We all would, even if we were already well off, because we could ensure our family's well-being for some greatly extended time, we could do a lot of good in the world with our charities, and we could live a life full of whatever we wanted.

It's hypocritical for us to attack someone for taking a large sum of money, even if it's for a project that doesn't contain a tremendous amount of artistic value (speaking in the deeper sense of things). So what if it doesn't? It's a business, Disney's in it to make as much as they possibly can, and they're willing to pay a huge sum to ensure that's going to happen.

• Like 9

Again, 1B WW. US is just a part of the industry and clearly this franchise is more OS oriented.

I'm not saying it won't make money, there is obviously a very big audience for it overseas. but this is going to take a big dive domestically and Pirates 3 barely broke even because of it's outrageous $300m budget.  and Yes Depp + Jack Sparrow does have appeal. 50m maybe. not $95m no one has ever made that much money up front for acting in a film. 

The point was he got 20m for starring in a bomb movie. 95m doesn't sound so huge all of a sudden.

When he got paid it was not supposed to be a bomb movie :lol:

Also, I have read in a few places that Depp dropped his usual price for Alice 2 and won't receive as much for Pirates 5 as he received for Pirates 4.

• Like 1

Beauty and the beast is the best animated film ever, does that make up for it?

Belle's songs in the beginning, the song when they dance, gaston's song, the song they sing when they are fighting in the snow, oh! And of course be our guest is a classic!, even the score is so good! The score when the beast transforms always gets me! It's a perfect film.

Belle's songs in the beginning, the song when they dance, gaston's song, the song they sing when they are fighting in the snow, oh! And of course be our guest is a classic!, even the score is so good! The score when the beast transforms always gets me! It's a perfect film.

You should watch the original. :ph34r:

I really don t see Sofia Coppola tackling such a daunting and complex shoot for The Little Mermaid.

I don t even know how they d do it with the curent technologies.

A complete movie underwater seems impossible on paper, with characters talking ? Could look ridiculous ...

Cameron s technology for Avatar is about doing mo cap under water, will Ariel and the other characters will be CG ?

No. I don't know what I was thinking.

As I said, a live-action Little Mermaid, even a big-scale Disney one, would not actually be filmed underwater, at least not regular dialogue scenes and stuff. It would all be in a soundstage with wires and fans and green screen. And dialogue is usually ADR'ed anyway, especially on big FX-heavy stuff like this.

It's really no different than making superheroes fly. Honestly, the most intensive part of the mermaid effects would be that every actor would have a CGI tail.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

Again, 1B WW. US is just a part of the industry and clearly this franchise is more OS oriented.

Pirates 4 was a hit no doubt but maybe it left a very sour taste in people s mouth, even the die hard fans of the franchise.

I love the first 3 films but number 4 has very few redeeming except that sirens sequence maybe.

He is worth that much. Because Disney paid it. Because they know they don't have a franchise without him and they'd like to keep raking in the 800-1000m hits worldwide.

This is a business. If someone offered you $95m to reprise a job, of course you'd take it. We all would, even if we were already well off, because we could ensure our family's well-being for some greatly extended time, we could do a lot of good in the world with our charities, and we could live a life full of whatever we wanted.

It's hypocritical for us to attack someone for taking a large sum of money, even if it's for a project that doesn't contain a tremendous amount of artistic value (speaking in the deeper sense of things). So what if it doesn't? It's a business, Disney's in it to make as much as they possibly can, and they're willing to pay a huge sum to ensure that's going to happen.

That $95m is just a rumor though isn't It? Yes I would take it. who wouldn't? I see you're point. doesn't mean I have to like him as an actor. as for who he is as a person I don't know he could be a wonderful person.