Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

But OS has generally been good for these live action "reboots"... Alice almost hit 700, Maleficent did 517 and Oz (which has very little recognition overseas) made 260M.

With very good exchange rates. I read that Forbes prediction and I honestly wonder what are they smoking. With the way exchange rates go in Europe (euro, ruble and others) and Latin America, 400M OS will be a real struggle.

• Like 1

Well, I admittedly was hoping for more, but I can't be disappointed in that, and neither should Disney.

Still, I'm hoping that by tonight, a "potential" 27 million will be thrown around by "industry insiders". I honestly can't understand how this would open lower than Oz, just by brand name. Oz is popular, but Cinderella is the epidemy of popular.

• Like 2

With very good exchange rates. I read that Forbes prediction and I honestly wonder what are they smoking. With the way exchange rates go in Europe (euro, ruble and others) and Latin America, 400M OS will be a real struggle.

I asked this in the Cindy OS thread but nobody's really on that thread right now so I'll just say it here... I really don't understand exchange rates. What does it even mean and how is it hurting Ciderella?
  • Like 2

Well, I admittedly was hoping for more, but I can't be disappointed in that, and neither should Disney.

Still, I'm hoping that by tonight, a "potential" 27 million will be thrown around by "industry insiders". I honestly can't understand how this would open lower than Oz, just by brand name. Oz is popular, but Cinderella is the epidemy of popular.

It doesn't have 3D, it doesn't have Jolie, it has 0 appeal for guys and it is in 2D. 

A low number tonight is expected, something like 21-22. Sat and Sun will be the days for huge numbers. Familers will be free.

Not so fast.

oh+drats+blowing+hair+littler+mermai.gif

• Like 1

A low number tonight is expected, something like 21-22. Sat and Sun will be the days for huge numbers. Familers will be free.

Yes i think it will have much bigger saturdays and sundays than both Oz and Maleficent. 

Like I said to J- It still could beat them both for Friday but it hasn't as of yet, lol.

It doesn't have 3D, it doesn't have Jolie, it has 0 appeal for guys and it is in 2D. 

If it had 3D, it would have additional 10 million, if it had Jolie as cruel stepmother it be another 10 million, and if it had appeal to guys it would be another 10 million for total to 100 million.

Edited by Klingo
  • Like 2

I asked this in the Cindy OS thread but nobody's really on that thread right now so I'll just say it here... I really don't understand exchange rates. What does it even mean and how is it hurting Ciderella?

The BO is expressed in dollars so you have to convert the national coin in dollars and right now the dollar is so strong and some european and latin american coins are so weak that at the conversion you basically have less dollars. For example: a year ago 1 euro = $1.5; right now, 1 euro = 1.1$.

As a general example, Maleficent made 37M last year in Russia and The Hobbit 3 made only 31M, despite being one of the biggest ticket sellers ever in that country. With Maleficent's exchange rate it would have made close to 60M. This way, it will be a miracle if Cindy makes 20M.

• Like 1