Avatree

Treeroy's Quinquennial Quaesitum - a Quaint Queue of Quintessial Films | Quibble away...

Yeah when Ironside showed up in the series, it went to another level :)

That's usually the case when it comes to Ironside.

Yep, when he shows up at their hideout or whatever, he brings the voice altering thing and his cool black leather jacket and that heavy guy who is good with guns....forget his name.  He's also the guy who tells Darrel to ease up on Maggie or else he'll  waste him lol.   It's been a looooong time since I've seen it....some of my names might be off.....I think Maggie was the other hot blond chick.

• Like 2

Yep, when he shows up at their hideout or whatever, he brings the voice altering thing and his cool black leather jacket and that heavy guy who is good with guns....forget his name.  He's also the guy who tells Darrel to ease up on Maggie or else he'll  waste him lol.   It's been a looooong time since I've seen it....some of my names might be off.....I think Maggie was the other hot blond chick.

I may have to watch the series tomorrow now :P

• Like 1

I may have to watch the series tomorrow now :P

I only have it on VHS but no VCR or I would too.....I'm definitely in the mood to see it.

Remember Julie in her tight form fitting white gymnastics suit that Diana puts her in when she puts her in the conversion chamber?  Damn!!

I swear, I saw Internal Affairs (the Richard Gere one) just because Faye Grant was in it.  I think I loved her as a 12 year old.

• Like 1

V for Vendetta is rubbish, I think John Green should write a version, and then maybe Vaugustus Vaters will be the greatest character in all fiction

- Ethan

I don't have an opinion as I haven't seen it

Augustus Waters himself is quite fond of it though.

• Like 2

I only have it on VHS but no VCR or I would too.....I'm definitely in the mood to see it.

Remember Julie in her tight form fitting white gymnastics suit that Diana puts her in when she puts her in the conversion chamber?  Damn!!

I swear, I saw Internal Affairs (the Richard Gere one) just because Faye Grant was in it.  I think I loved her as a 12 year old.

Yep I remember it well ;)

the dvd conversion is pretty good.  Obviously it's not blu ray though :P

it's on amazon for like $8 the last time i checked.  it is worth it, it has a behind the scene documentary and also commentary by the writer/director

• Like 1

Yep I remember it well ;)

the dvd conversion is pretty good.  Obviously it's not blu ray though :P

it's on amazon for like $8 the last time i checked.  it is worth it, it has a behind the scene documentary and also commentary by the writer/director

Yep, I'm going to order it now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, 75.  Not a big shock that you and I have another work of art that we both love.  :)

• Like 1

Yep, I'm going to order it now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, 75.  Not a big shock that you and I have another work of art that we both love.   :)

glad I was able to get you to find it and buy it, if not, I was going to get it sent to you :P

and nope, not a shock at all, but then again, we tend to have not only similar taste, but great taste ;)

• Like 1

such a shame the V  remake a few years ago was nowhere near as good

I couldn't watch it.  Seriously.  They didn't even try to follow the blue print of the original.  A deserved failure.

• Like 2

I couldn't watch it.  Seriously.  They didn't even try to follow the blue print of the original.  A deserved failure.

Agreed, there was zero build up, it was literally in the trailers and like 5 ninutes into the show, the surprise of the original was revealed

So there literally was no story any more.

The original has the allegory of the Nazi's, freedom fighters, rebels, etc, etc. to make it worth watching.  Not just the sci fi stuff which I love

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Before I begin, I should point out the obvious - there are a bunch of really great films since 2010 that I haven't yet seen. I haven't gotten round to watching The Wind Rises, despite owning it on blu-ray, and I'm sure that would otherwise make it on to the list. I haven't seen dozens of Oscar winners and nominees. If you wonder why 12 Years a Slave isn't on the list, it's because I never saw it. Why isn't Boyhood on here?, I might hear you ask. I never found time to get to a screening. I wish I could have seen said films before making this list, but I have to start at some point. On another day in the near future, this list might be different. But whatever. I'll crack on with this.

Be warned, I may have some peculiar choices...