Avatree

Treeroy's Quinquennial Quaesitum - a Quaint Queue of Quintessial Films | Quibble away...

My time has come. I'm hopefully gonna get through this in a week, depends on how lazy I am.

The first top 50 of the half decade were posted over 2 months ago, so I figure I should probably do it.

89c.gif

You have no idea how long it took me to come up with the title...

• Like 2

V?  The TV mini series?

How vogue of you.

thought I was the only one that remembered that series :P

we both know he was talking about V for Vendetta, but I love the V show reference either way :D

• Like 3

V the mini series was freakin BAD ASS!

Freddy Krueger as Willie the good lizard

Donovan reminds me of Wolverine....his temperament

Preta Nama.....it means peace

Daniel, the asshole neighbour

Julie....my hand got sore thinking about her

Ham...another bad ass Ironside role

I just adore that show

Edited by baumer
  • Like 3

I still haven't seen V for Vendetta, can someone please fill me in on the joke here  :ph34r:

first, sorry to hijack the thread, but the V show is worth it.

B: watch V for Vendetta, it's really good

III: there is a scene where the main character makes a speech with almost nothing but words that start with V

• Like 4

very much so :)  remember the first rat eating? ;)

That was epic.  I remember when Ham called Daniel, "That little shit" and as a 12 year old watching it on TV, I thought that was the coolest thing in the world.  When he killed Ruby, you knew Ham was going to whack him lol.

• Like 3

I still haven't seen V for Vendetta, can someone please fill me in on the joke here  :ph34r:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

• Like 6

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I seriously do not remember V for Vendetta at all....must watch it again.

• Like 3

That was epic.  I remember when Ham called Daniel, "That little shit" and as a 12 year old watching it on TV, I thought that was the coolest thing in the world.  When he killed Ruby, you knew Ham was going to whack him lol.

Yeah when Ironside showed up in the series, it went to another level :)

• Like 2

Haha, that sounds fab. And I read your post in Hugo Weaving's voice, too. :P

Don't worry about thread hijacking 75, I haven't even posted the first film yet so you can talk about the subatomic structure of a cow, for all I care.

Yeah when Ironside showed up in the series, it went to another level  :)

Damn, I thought for a second there Michael Ironside was in V for Vendetta and got excited. I am disappoint :(

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 2