CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Hot damn... 60M+... jesus. Never would have called that. I thought 50M+ would have been really impressive.

Yeah. Just got back from seeing it with the bf. Wasn't particularly full. Like the theatre was busy and the screening was full, but not anywhere close to what most even 40M+ OD movies do. 

Not a dry eye walking out of my showing. Me included. Completely broke down in the parking lot. What a beautiful conclusion. And that number? I cant even process it right now, but what a night.

• Like 8

It is already on track to exceed current sample tracking data of TDKR/DH2/BD2 and at least 85-90% of TA, HOWEVER that does not mean 75-91m LOL , it probably potentially put it in mid high 60's

Edited by RthWillSeeYouNow
  • Like 22

It is already on track to exceed current sample tracking data of TDKR/DH2/BD2 and at least 85-90% of TA, HOWEVER that does not mean 75-91m LOL , it probably potentially put it in mid high 60's

Wow! Thanks for the update!

67.5 would mean a 146-150M weekend.

• Like 2

Well, keep in mind, Furious 6 came out in a very competitive weekend where the Hangover 3 came out, swiped some of their demographic, and Star Trek and Iron Man 3 were still doing business. I'm assuming business was also a bit more spread out over Memorial Day weekend? While there's no doubt that Walker's death has added some to the grosses, I don't think the increase is mutually exclusive to it. And, I think we're just seeing the goodwill of the past couple films carrying forward + adding Statham.

Bullshit. The last FF movie I saw in the theater was the first one. I went to this new one out of respect for Paul Walker, and even my mom went as well, who generally doesn't like to go to the theaters. I am positive that anything north of 40 million is all because of Mr Walker's death. 

• Like 1

:o

• Like 2

Honestly, Saturday is probably the only day that would work for me, unless we hooked up at the Arclight Hollywood or Citywalk for a night show.

Niagara Falls. Let it flow.

Plan something and let the rest of us know. A Saturday showing of Fury Road at the Arclight maybe.

• Like 1