CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I am a bit worried too.

Hoping for the best.

It just looks so formulaic- same exact thing as the last one, with less originality in the humor. But again, I really hope I'm wrong.

Also, August is stacked this year....minus my birthday weekend, where I'm stuck with Sinister 2. End of August is always so crap. 

• Like 1

The September and October OW records are up for grabs still. Wonder which studio will be the first to slot a big tentpole in those months. September is so dead that Sweet Home Alabama held the OW record for 10 years, and Hotel Transylvania basically released on the last day of September.

Was looking through the records and the March OW record has basically increased by 30-40M each time, from Ice Age 46M to 300's 75M to Alice's 116M to THG's 152M. 

Edited by grim22

The September and October OW records are up for grabs still. Wonder which studio will be the first to slot a big tentpole in those months. September is so dead that Sweet Home Alabama held the OW record for 10 years, and Hotel Transylvania basically released on the last day of September.

FOX kinda tried with The Maze Runner.

FOX kinda tried with The Maze Runner.

Maze Runner turned out to be a majorly leggy movie though, don't think the sequel will blow up huge but may exceed the existing September OW record. Would love for a studio to take a major risk with a big budget tentpole in September, something with huge anticipation as well as a big marketing campaign behind it. October has started trending toward that slowly but surely.

Maze Runner turned out to be a majorly leggy movie though, don't think the sequel will blow up huge but may exceed the existing September OW record. Would love for a studio to take a major risk with a big budget tentpole in September, something with huge anticipation as well as a big marketing campaign behind it. October has started trending toward that slowly but surely.

October seems to be the month of the leggy stuff. Gone Girl, Argo, Captain Phillips, Gravity, etc...

September is dead. No studio cares about it. Kinda surprised The Maze Runner was placed there. I think FOX really had no hopes for it and tried to salvage something by releasing it against nothing in September. 

October seems to be the month of the leggy stuff. Gone Girl, Argo, Captain Phillips, Gravity, etc...

September is dead. No studio cares about it. Kinda surprised The Maze Runner was placed there. I think FOX really had no hopes for it and tried to salvage something by releasing it against nothing in September. 

September is somewhat like Jan/Feb in that regard. Until AS this year, the Jan record was 40M OW, and outside the Valentines day/Presidents day weekend Feb is pretty much dead as well.

Septembers never going to be the best month to place a tent pole though. With NFL starting and school coming back to session and no real holidays leggy adult fare is the best stuff to put there.

September is somewhat like Jan/Feb in that regard. Until AS this year, the Jan record was 40M OW, and outside the Valentines day/Presidents day weekend Feb is pretty much dead as well.

The weekend pre-President's Day and the weekend pre-MLK have also been quite strong in the last couple of years. The other half of both months is dead, tho.

• Like 1

aou has way more competition than f7.. mad max, pitch perfect, tomorrowland, san andreas vs just paul blart and unfriended

That's one of the lightest Mays in a while. Neither one really has competition

Listening to some soundtracks I got to this:

Can we agree this is the most impressive and unbelievable fight scene in any SH movie ever?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The soundtrack in that scene is spectacular, I agree.